we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader (Grade G) / Global Medical Affairs Leader (Grade F), Hematology
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GPPS
(Global Product and Portfolio Strategy) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology
is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumour types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalised healthcare and biomarker technologies.Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader (Sr. MAL), Hematology/Global Medical Affairs Leader (MAL), Hematology to join our Global Medical Affairs Team. In this role the Sr. MAL / MAL will provide medical leadership for a Global Medical Team (GMT) of a key hematology product and lead the medical strategy and execution of key deliverables to support the product launch and lifecycle management globally. This role will report initially to the GMA Oncology Therapeutic Area Vice President, and may subsequently report to the Head of Hematology if/when the Hematology disease area group is created.
Core accountabilities of this role are to:
- Provide a coordinated approach to building AstraZeneca's medical leadership in hematology, and deliver medical insight into the development and execution of an overall hematology disease area strategy
- Oversee and support the development and execution of the asset specific integrated medical plans (evidence generation and scientific communications), including global external experts, diagnostics, and patient centric activities
- Partner closely with colleagues in the Markets, Development, early research (MedImmune & Innovative Medicines, Regulatory, Commercial, Access, Health Outcomes, and other key functions). Help build alignment on key initiatives, including optimal approach to data generation, communication, and supporting access.
- Provide oversight of the GMA hematology team and GMT(s) and manage appropriate involvement of prioritized market teams to ensure that market insights are used to inform product development and Global deliverables
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the scientific and clinical understanding of the brand
- Advanced scientific degree (MD required) with Hematology experience
- Medical Affairs experience (2+ years). At least 4+ years total of pharmaceutical or relevant medical/clinical experience minimum.
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research/payor access issues
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
- Track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications, and external expert engagements
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure the timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks
- Strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams including development, marketing, and health outcomes
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
- Country launch experience
~bspNext Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.