Job Location: United States : Missouri : ST. LOUIS
Delivers high quality service to participants and Institutional customers by providing administrative services relating to enrollments, case implementations, billing administration, and call center activities.
- Review and process enrollment forms to ensure good order, including appropriate signatures to ensure suitability to enroll for variable insurance. Approve Guaranteed Issue coverage, process Statement of Health approvals and assign effective dates to align with plan rules. Calculate coverage based on various salary and rounding rules.
- Manage error reports and complex policy corrections.
- Provides technical expertise to management for decision making by participating in operational analyses and studies. Implements new cases; presents information during client discussions during and after implementation. Handles benefit plan referrals from team members by providing resolution to complex and escalated issues. May act as primary client contact.
- Handles special beneficiary issues, power of attorney documents, and absolute assignments.
- Handles escalated calls/cases from other teams members. Has authority to deviate from standard procedures and can make independent decisions without supervisor approval. Has discretion to allocate resources to ensure that customer has positive experience with MetLife.
- Exceptional customer service skills including written and verbal communication and ability to solve complex inquires.
- Good mathematical aptitude and ability to analyze and reason.
- Well organized and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with ability to switch gears quickly to handle changing priorities, attention to details.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience preferred
Global Technology & Operations
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 44881
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.