1. Establishes self as 'go to' HR person for managers and employees in a manufacturing facility. Develops effective working relationships with local management and employees in order to influence and coach them on effective employment practices. References HR policies and defined processes to execute all types of employment activities including, but not limited to: Promotions, Transfers, Leaves of Absence, Terminations, etc. May also provide support associated with employment activities
2. Assists with local management on various employment matters including Performance Management issues, employee inquiries or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR activities such as: Vision Week, Ethics/Integrity Training, the Employee Survey, the Performance Reviews and Goal Setting process, etc. Provides support associated with employment activities in a union environment.
3. Participates in investigations and recommends actions to effectively resolve policy violations. Seeks counsel from HR Manager, Director, or Legal as necessary to ensure proper risk management. Elevates maters to the HR Manager or other appropriate authority as may be appropriate.
4. Stays current on state/federal employment laws and company policies. Shares 'need to know' information with managers to help improve their supervisory effectiveness and to avoid problems.
5. Supports supervisor and managers to process employment transactions (hires, transfers, equity adjustments, promotions, etc) and to acquire employee data reflecting employment trends/progress towards key initiatives or expectations.
6. May deploy training to inform or assist employees/managers on job related activities, policies or best practices. Conducts new hire orientation and supports onboarding activities.
7. Should be knowledgeable of systems related to Talent Acquisition and Management. May be asked to post job openings or place an order for a temporary worker. Supports on boarding activities as may be needed i.e. sending new hire information or paperwork.
8. Provides input for process/policy improvement. Learns the people and events occurring in the Region and contributes to process improvement and employee satisfaction.
9. Sr. Coordinator may assist/train other Coordinators and complete other duties or requirements as assigned
Qualifications Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred and 1 - 2 years of experience in an HR related function or an equivalent combination of the two.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.