Sr. HR Generalist What you will do
Responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers in accordance with Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS) principles, corporate policies and procedures, and plant operations. Performs a variety of employment related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, safety and health, productivity and ensuring employee compliance with company policies of a fully integrated battery manufacturing facility. How you will do it
What we look for
- Conduct hourly recruitment for open positions following established process, in accordance with Affirmative Action requirements.
- Maintain required documentation, including electronic documentation, supporting Affirmative Action, Leaves of Absence including Family Medical Leaves, Attendance, Vacation, and Positive Performance.
- Conduct new hire onboarding and orientation using corporate standardized onboarding material
- Create and maintain personnel records.
- Support the administration of employee handbook or union contract
- Assist with Plant compliance with Federal and State employment and Labor Laws
- Provide training and support for e-tools, including HR Atlas, Workday, Sharepoint, Performance Management, and Survey Action Planning
- Direct the efforts of outside vendors
- May direct the work of others including support staff
- Formulate human resources projects
- May influence and make recommendations to management.
- Perform related duties as assigned
Who we are
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business or related field required
- HR experience working in a Union facility/environment is required.
- 5+ years' experience as a human resources generalist in a manufacturing environment required.
- Demonstrated willingness to actively pursue continuing education related to field
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.