& Johnson Vision, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of
Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Human
Factors Manager - Project Engineerings, located
in Milpitas, California.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is
committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since
debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been
helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact
Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive
surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million
patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on
a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and
committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Human Factors Manager - Project Engineering is
responsible for human factors input, evaluation and feedback into the design
control process. The position will interact closely with the product
development team to design and evaluate user interfaces (hardware and software)
for medical products including devices, support systems and associated training
/instructional elements. The main objective of these activities is to produce
safe, reliable, easy-to-use, and easy-to-maintain medical products in
furthering the Abbott goals of developing cataract and refractive equipment
products that are compelling for our customers.
- Participate in assigned project teams to develop user
- Participate in contextual inquiry studies.
- Collaborate or lead use-related risk analysis efforts.
- Participate in assigned project teams to design and
develop user interfaces(hardware, software , labeling, instructions and
- Conduct expert evaluations, brainstorming sessions,
competitive analysis, and other usability engineering methodologies with both
internal teams and external vendors.
- Design, plan, execute and document simulated-use usability
tests, field studies, focus groups, survey and questionnaire creation, and
other usability evaluation methods.
- Define and manage critical interfaces between sub-systems
to ensure proper system function.
- Manage personnel and oversee human factors activities
across various assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Life Sciences or
Industrial Engineering, Psychology, Computer Science.
- Minimum 8 years human factors/usability engineering
experience/ use case validation testing or equivalent relevant experience in
product development and customer interactions.
- Knowledge of user interface design and general knowledge
about human perception, cognition and a basic knowledge of anthropometrics,
biomechanics and physiology.
- Experience in the areas of gathering user requirements,
use scenario development, contextual inquiry, use-based risk analysis,
conducting usability evaluations, and questionnaire/survey design required.
Abbott Medical Optics, Inc. (6233)Job Function