Who are we?
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us. Our HR team
Our global HR team works on behalf of our 41,000 employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether it's recruiting the best people to our organization, partnering with managers to lead successful teams, accelerating the development of our top performers, or executing our holistic "Healthy You" wellness program, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at UTC Aerospace Systems.
Simmonds and Atlantic Inertial Systems (S&AIS) (a part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems- SIS- division of UTAS) is currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Manager
for its Vergennes, Vermont
Location. We design, manufacture and service guidance, navigation, and control systems, fuel sensing systems, and health/diagnostic/prognostic systems for commercial and military aircraft, helicopters, missiles and other platforms.
We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to lead execution of the Human Resources strategy for the Vermont site with approximately 800 employees.Overview of the Senior Human Resources Manager Role
A Senior Human Resources Manager
at UTAS is a high-touch strategic member of the organization who constantly thinks about where our business needs to go and how we will get there. The Senior HR Manager
acts as a trusted advisor and coach who challenges leaders to think differently and to stretch both themselves and their teams. In addition, you'll act as an operations manager, emergency responder and employee mediator, as needed - we all know these are key parts of the role. More than anything, we're looking for HR leaders who can act as strategic partners to their businesses.You're someone who is...
- Passionate about our business. You understand the value HR brings to the business and you fully leverage your position to drive talent outcomes.
- A person others want to follow. You connect with people, partner with courage, influence with impact and collaborate across networks you've built.
- A data whiz. You can "tell a story" with data and use data to support decision making.
- Organizationally savvy. From the finances, to operations and people - you know what makes a business "tick" and you naturally translate business objectives into people strategies.
- Creative and clear. You want to roll up your sleeves, push the envelope and innovate in a way that creates simple, meaningful solutions for your customers.
- Intellectually curious. You are always looking to learn, stretch and grow. You are open, adaptable and want to be the very best you can be!
- A champion of our culture. You talk the talk and walk the walk. You lead by example and push others to do so as well.What you will do.
Qualification: Preferred Qualifications
- Drive a high performing culture through your expert advice and coaching to leaders and employees
- Provide high-touch, frontline support to business leaders.
- Act as a liaison between the business and HR Centers of Expertise/Shared Services to ensure that HR is aligned with business needs.
- Identify new opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Translate business needs into talent solutions.
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders.
- Support managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the business strategy.
- Assist business unit leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance needs.
- Stay on top of progressive HR practices and key trends and use this knowledge to improve HR policies and initiatives.
- Design and apply change management strategies in support of business objectives and advancing our culture.
- Graduate degree preferred
Five (5) experience in Human Resources and/or related fieldWorking Environment (optional section)
- This role will be based in Vergennes, VT. Relocation package available, if appropriate.
- To be most successful, you should prepare to travel 10% of the time
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.Education: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, HR management, or related field
- Eight (8) of years' experience in Human Resources and/or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.