With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Senior Implementation Specialist executes APEX compounding system configuration and training projects for B. Braun Compounding Systems customers. Serves as the customer's primary point of contact for implementation and ensures adherence to training and operational standards of excellence. Shares product knowledge and operational expertise to improve customer's compounding efficiency and enhance safety. Provides technical support for B. Braun's automated compounding devices and TPN order entry software. This position will be remote and is expected to work in hospitals, pharmacies, and other sites. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Ability to assess the need for training through customer interactions and document as needed.
- Lead the Implementation Specialist by sharing of information and knowledge, indentifying teamwork issues and standardizing team operations.
- Plans and executes on delivery and implementation plans.
- Create training guides and deliver training on medical device and configuration support to users of B. Braun's Compounding Systems during and after implementation process.
- Manage multi site implementations with minimal supervision.
- Exercise independent judgment, utilizes critical thinking, and draws accurate conclusions based on available information.
- Evaluate client needs. Develop configurations that support business processes.
- May be responsible for more complex or high value implementation projects.
- Manage day-to-day issues with Quality, R&D, and Production by using problem solving techniques to solve product complaint, product reliability and overall solution quality.
- Oversee implementing product return and replacement orders.
- Identifies and assists in the creation, modification, evaluation, and implementation of processes documentation and technical reference materials.
- Leverages excellent verbal and written communication skills to manage and execute each Compounding System implementation to completion.
- Uses B. Braun systems and tools (CRM, Knowledge Base, Email and other internal systems) to process training, support, and implementation information.
- Adheres to all B. Braun and customer's regulatory, operational policies and procedures, and department specific requirements.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by manager.
IN2017 Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Bachelors degree in any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) discipline with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Prior customer service/technical support experience.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of network administration, including Windows User permissions.
- Proficient in computer hardware and software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Window Operating Systems, etc).
- Hands on experience configuring, implementing, troubleshooting, supporting and using Pharmacy Compounding devices and TPN Calculation software.
- Knowledge of Applicable FDA regulations and USP 797 standards.
- Ability to understand and support Relational Database.
- Experience accessing remote desktops, virtual machines, or applications via network or the internet (remote terminal services).
- Experience creating, reading, and understanding system architecture diagrams.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Required to be on-call on a rotating schedule
- Travel 50 % required to locations within US and Canada (include overnight and some weekends).
- Prior trainer/educator experience
- Prior experience in medical device/pharma
- SQL server experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.