At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for implementation of Exelon Nuclear Industrial Safety Programs and the Station Safety Programs. Provides OSHA compliance consulting and safety support services to station management and employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Monitor work activities for safe work practices to ensure implementation of the Exelon Safety Program.
- Analyze data and proactively implement program improvements and incident intervention. Establish and maintain program performance indicators.
- Provide technical expertise on safety and health issues as needed to support program implementation by work group supervision.
- Perform program self-assessments and take action to ensure regulatory compliance. Develop safety work practice procedures that are in alignment with Exelon work practices.
- Assist work groups in developing Job Safety Analyses and conducting accident investigations.
- Review confined space work permits and activities.
- Conduct basic industrial hygiene sampling such as noise monitoring and air sampling.
- Interface with loss-control, site medical and assist in case management.
- BS in Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Safety and/or closely related field (Environmental Health, Radiation Protection, Biology, Chemistry or Engineering disciplines, etc. ) and 6 years professional experience
- Related Associates degree and 8 years industry experience (3 of which are at the exempt level in the power generation industry or 2 years FLS)
- High School Diploma with 10 years experience including 6 years exempt level experience
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local safety regulations (e. g. , OSHA, ANSI, NRC)
- Knowledge of "State of the Art" Safety Technology &#CD# Practices
- Understanding of the power generation business and status of the industry regarding health &#CD# safety policies, practice, and regulations
- Ability to analyze data, problems and situations and identify areas for improvement and corrective actions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be badged in a Nuclear Power Plant
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.