Sr. Industry Solutions Executive - Retail - Seattle or Portland
Preferred Location: Seattle, WA or Portland, OR
Industries are digitally transforming and the Industry Solutions Executive (ISE) role is at the leading edge of this transformation journey with our customers. The goal of the Industry Solution Executive (ISE) leading industry digital transformation engagements and opportunities with Microsoft’s customers, with deep industry knowledge and experience. This is a senior role that is operating at a strategic level with customers, with deep engagement and understanding of the industry business issues and strategic challenges. The role is seen as a deep subject matter expert in their industry and the digital transformation occurring within it. The role is a leader in the industry focused sales team and in partnership with the sales team builds trusted advisor relationships with key customer business decision-makers, helping them to build the program of digital transformation change. The role will use industry experience, expertise and credentials directly with customer business decision makers to engage and create unique business value.
The role of ISE is focused on generating industry solutions opportunities, working closely with Microsoft’s partners. The role delivers growth of Microsoft cloud services (Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics 365) by developing the partner ecosystem, and positioning industry solutions that solve the customers? business challenges as they digitally transform their businesses. The role will partner closely with the world-wide industry sales and marketing teams, sharing best practices and customer references/case studies to bring Microsoft’s industry digital transformation stories to life. Primary
•Overall objective: Drive Microsoft cloud services growth through industry focused solutions (Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics 365)
•Engaging with customers to identify and generate new business opportunities through industry solutions, leading early stages of opportunity engagements
•70% Working with Microsoft partners to build out Microsoft industry solution portfolio/map, to comprehensively solve business challenges
•10% Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the worldwide industry teams to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation
•10% Working with industry focused sales teams in Microsoft as the Industry subject matter expert in customer planning and opportunity management
1. Sales Achiever - Achieve results by understanding industry digital transformation drivers and customer priorities. Identify new opportunities and help customers accelerate their move to the digital age.
2. Digital Transformation Driver - Anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions to customers, influencing BDMs, building trust with stakeholders and translating Microsoft solutions into business impact.
3. Sales Challenger - Continuously build industry and industry solution knowledge. Bring innovative industry solutions, partners into Industry Solution Map and into account team. Leverage all available insights and analytics to support business case.
4. Deal Orchestrator - Lead and drive early stage sales cycle for industry and BDM?s and leveraging repeatable offerings to accelerate and win deals.
5. Quota - Drive growth in your assigned accounts / territory that is aligned to your role in supporting Microsoft’s strategy.
•Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
•10+ years Industry solution selling experience
Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
•Significant (10+ years) Industry solution selling experience
•Business development skills
•Market development skills
•Industry specialized sales or consulting position within an IT Consulting or Services company
•Solution sales or consulting position in a competing or partner company
•Geographical location flexible, but preferably in Seattle, WA or Portland, OR. Preferably in a location with Retail/Consumer Goods industry density.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.