In Education, institutions around the world are defining 1:1 learning initiatives to increase student and educator access to technology and truly enhance the learning opportunities in and outside the classroom. Transforming an education agenda for the 21st Century is about much more than providing a child with a low-cost computing device. Central to the success of these projects is an end to end and holistic approach that brings together systems architecture, applications, content, professional development and training, services and clear definition of outcomes that can be measured and supported by all the stakeholders. Microsoft’s mission is to help students and educators throughout the world realize their full potential by providing real impact for better learning outcomes through Microsoft technology, programs and thought leadership.
In what is one of the most exciting areas for both our customers and Microsoft as a company, the Education industry is looking for an experienced, talented leader in the role of senior Industry Solution Manager (ISM), responsible for Higher Education strategy. The ISM will be responsible for developing, scaling and running the Higher Education specific initiatives globally working closely with Corp and Field stakeholders.
Leveraging deep industry and technical expertise, Industry teams will enable our sales teams and partners deliver relevant, high-quality solutions and services to empower our commercial and public sector customers to lead the digital transformation of the Education industry.
• Design the Higher Ed sales strategy and approach for Higher Ed audiences across Business and Technical decision makers leveraging industry trends and overall current themes and drive the field enablement plan
• Know and analyze competitive landscape to better position Microsoft’s offerings for Higher Ed audiences
• Inspire Higher Ed leaders on how technology can enable their goals: running an efficient organization leveraging the Education Transformation Framework and technology solutions available, improving student outcomes, bringing recognition to their institutions
• Partner with solution owners to design a robust portfolio of Higher Ed offers that will enable adoption of Microsoft technologies across teaching & learning, campus & facilities management, data insights & analytics among others in such a way that efforts scale through the industry based on the industry solution map
• Develop strategic plan, assets, resources, field guidance and customer best practices for field enablement and consistently successful execution in the subsidiaries
• Recognize and nurture premier institution leader customers who are integrating ICT in excellent ways so they become our partners in winning cloud adoption deals through the MS Innovative Institutions program (and also manage this program)
• Manage the strategy, audience engagement, content alignment and overall success of the Campus Connections Summit program that enables us to leverage relationships with strategic partners and customers to envision future scenarios and get close to current business challenges and/or opportunities
• Represent Microsoft’s Higher Ed strategy and offerings at customer meetings through the Executive Briefing Center
The Industry Solution Manager will align Microsoft Education priorities to customer priorities using industry-specific scenarios that allow the Microsoft subsidiaries/regions to illustrate the unique value of Microsoft while leveraging and aligning to the work of other Education teams (e.g., solutions, partners) and other Microsoft teams (e.g., Microsoft Research). This industry expert will partner with the K-12 teams to align efforts around strategy, offerings and engagement all up.
In addition, they’ll be working closely with the Solution and Partner teams establishing a strategy for introducing cloud offerings and modern solutions, identifying technology partners to help scale adoption of Microsoft technologies in Higher Ed institutions, manage the MS Innovative Institutions program with the regional Higher Ed teams and provide execution guidance to the field sellers with the goal of driving awareness, adoption and advocacy as well as sales with the Higher Ed target audiences.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 10+ years in educational industry, via solutions sales or program management
• Strong background in educational programs, business development, sales & marketing – preference for someone with technical knowledge or IT administration experience
• Deep industry domain expertise (10+ years) & understanding of core Higher Ed educational issues and trends, both in the United States and internationally & drivers of the business and technical decision maker audiences
• Program/Marketing Management experience, driving program efficiencies, rhythm of the business
• Ability to think strategically to bring about successful bold bets for the business and technical decision maker audience and remain competitive in market
• Strong understanding/experience of working across internal groups at Microsoft. Ability to build strong partnerships across organizational lines
• Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills and working across various geographical and cultural environments as they would serve as spokespeople
• Demonstrated strategic time management and multi-tasking skills
• Is a resourceful problem-solver, leveraging internal and partner resources where and when needed to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization
• Strong collaborator working effectively within a virtual team, taking strategic direction and considering inputs from team members
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Passion for education, the customer and driving disruptive change
• High-energy self-starter with attention to detail and focused on results
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.