Leveraging deep industry and technical expertise, WW Industry teams will enable our sales teams and partners deliver relevant, high-quality solutions and services to empower our commercial and public-sector customers to lead the digital transformation of the Education industry.
The goal of the Industry Solution Manager (ISM) is to drive customer Digital Transformation based on deep understanding of his or her industry, the industry drivers, and the critical solutions.
The role of the ISM will be to identify and develop partner ecosystems, help drive adoption of Microsoft technologies and products within the partner ecosystems, enhance client awareness of Microsoft-based industry solutions beyond traditional IT decision makers, support solutions sales to Education customers, and help position Microsoft as a trusted partner for Education industry solutions.
The ISM will work closely with other industry sales team members within local markets to help those local teams more effectively generate demand, qualify leads, support customer engagements, and increase wins with these industry solutions.
• Work closely with Education industry team colleagues, partner managers, marketing, and selected partners to develop and deliver industry solutions at scale across multiple markets
• Work closely with industry sales teams to land "light house" deals and provide feedback on the optimization of field sales and marketing materials, sales engagement strategies and processes, and working effectively with partners
• Iterate and learn from deals and partner engagements to improve the solutions to the point where the solutions (BOM, solution, engagement models) are easily understand, effective for customer engagements, and ready to scale out to other markets and to be used in a broader set of opportunities
• Have deep competitive differentiation understanding & objection handling, to include topics such as scalability, security and privacy, and pedagogical impact of technology
• Conduct industry onboarding and solutions readiness training for field sales team, to include community leadership with a broad range of sales and technical roles
• 10 years or more serving in the Education industry via solutions sales, program management or other skills that align
Skills and Knowledge:
• Established industry experience, expertise and credentials with customer line of business needs and deep industry solution technical expertise to be able to develop and support these solutions.
• Understanding of technology and solutions used in Education including Student and Teacher learning systems and management platforms such as Student Information Systems.
• Strong understanding of the vendor ecosystems related to these solutions and be able to identify leading solution vendors or systems integrators with relevant repeatable solutions or domain practices.
• Strong industry domain expertise based on experience in business roles within an Education Institution or within a solutions vendor serving the Education industry.
• Keen understanding of Education solutions is preferred.
• Strong solutions sales skills acquired over 10 years or more serving the Education industry.
• Industry specialized sales or consulting position within an independent solution vendor or systems integrator is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of, and connection to, the Education industry across more than one market, and a keen understanding of the vendor ecosystem, market and partner ecosystem.
• Track record of driving business/sales performance through influencing for impact and support strong cross-group and cross-cultural collaboration.
• Understand, and have experience with, the application of cloud-based technologies in an Education environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.