Founded in 1982, Symantec has evolved to become the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments, and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives. Our products help to secure the cloud generation.
Who We Are
We are a close-knit group of very talented folks united by a common desire to help our customers solve their unique business problems in innovative and creative ways. We evolve together in a culture of continuous improvement and have fun while doing it.
Who You Are
You might be new to the technology field but you have demonstrated a passion for improving the customer experience. You have evaluated user interfaces and recommended changes to optimize the user experience. You might have even created wireframes. And you're adept at creating content that displays in the app itself to help users accomplish their goals--tool-tips, guided help, or workflows. You keep up with the latest user-assistance strategies and thrive when asked to visualize and create content that helps customers achieve their unique business solutions. You understand how your users work today but also spend a lot of time imagining a much better experience for them. You drive hard but know that successful team work is key to our success.Responsibilities
- Plan, research, and author embedded user assistance for cloud applications. (This is not context-sensitive help.)
- Work with analytics and the product team to establish goals and create workflows to solve customer problems.
- Proactively acquire product knowledge and learn new skills emerging in the user experience (UX) domain. Participate actively in product enablement.
- Address customer needs by providing them with the right content, in the right format, at the right time.
- Gather feedback on user assistance content from internal stakeholders, and respond to customer feedback.
- Use customer analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, or similar) to identify content improvement areas.
- Develop innovative solutions for complex procedures. Work on solutions that solve customer needs and reduce support calls.
- Use the product to understand and identify user workflows, confirm technical information, and test procedures.
- Act as an advocate for user experience within our unit; work in close collaboration with product management, development and UX teams.
Other Helpful Skills
- Experience working as a technical writer documenting cloud applications. This is a mandatory.
- Experience writing in-app content for user engagement platforms like Pendo, WalkMe, or WhatFix is helpful.
- Experience working with a product team to create content intended to be embedded in the user interface, like tool-tips, bubble help, and walkthroughs.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience using analytics to understand user behavior and using that knowledge to improve deliverables with tooltips, workflows, and solutions.
- Ability to experiment and iterate based on behavioral data and customer feedback.
- Experience producing video content is a plus.
- Experience using source code control tools such as Perforce.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions even when faced with ambiguity.
- Is not satisfied with the status quo and is always looking ahead to better serve users.
- Organizes and accomplishes work with minimal supervision.
- Is curious about technology and able to learn new concepts quickly.
- Focuses on what's important (with an eye for details that matter).
- Advocates for product and/or doc improvements.
- Builds strong relationships with internal subject matter experts.
- Is comfortable working in an agile and deadline-driven environment.
- Meets all project milestones and deadlines.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.