Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com sadasd
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Infrastructure Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Infrastructure Architect is a cross functional infrastructure position with deep technical domain knowledge in multiple technologies including, compute, network & cloud. This role is responsible for enterprise architecture, design and support of end-to-end infrastructure solutions, delivering IT simplification and business outcomes.
In addition you will :
* Working with SAP infra team to architect and move of GE Lighting's SAP environment to the cloud. GE lighting is the first business to move SAP to the cloud
* Architecture & build of network services at the SAP cloud provider (Virtustream) including, AD, DNS, NTP, backups & DR to Virtustream' s DR facility
* Network architecture & build of MVP2 & 3 of GE's connectivity to the cloud, including design and build with CoreTech of fiber cross connect in Ashburn colo facility
* Overall ownership and leadership in collaborating and driving CoreTech to deliver required technical services for assigned projects against GE Lighting defined project timelines
* Architecture & support responsibilities for a large SAP environment of 350+ VMs
* Architecture of GE Lighting & Current's global compute footprint driving simplification and reduction
* Owning and driving Appliances Divesture compute technical work; reverse engineering and architecting of legacy GE solutions to exit the Appliances AP4 datacenter
* Lead architectural development for our escalated application migration to AWS
* Partner with our Commercial teams to design cutting edge platform solutions
* Deep compute expertise including RHEL UNIX administration, design architecture and support
Additional Responsibilities include :
* Directly engage cloud and compute vendors and operations organizations to successfully implement solutions and transition them to operations
* Develop and support internal solutions for our Intelligent Environments POC's, pilots, and MVP's
* Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs, CTO, CIOs, etc.
* Be the subject matter expertise on cross functional infrastructure services to support the business
* Partner with Basis and various application teams to provide cost effective infrastructure solutions meeting business requirements and company strategic direction
* Provide L3 on-call or out of hours support if required
* Provide direct technical and project support to the GE Lighting businesses for their specific requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting large enterprise infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a primary build or operations role in one or more infrastructure areas
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience managing large enterprise wide technical projects using project methodologies such as Agile and / or Waterfall
* Tertiary knowledge of SAP Basis skills a plus
* Deep knowledge in at least two or more of the following areas, with working knowledge of as many of the other areas as possible :
* Linux O / S. Red Hat Certifications such as RHCE desired
* Cloud based environments such as Amazon's AWS (AWS Architect certification desired)
* VMware Vsphere 5 (VCP or other VMware certifications desired)
* Enterprise class IP networking (Cisco certifications desired)
* Microsoft Window Server in an Enterprise setting (Microsoft O / S certifications desired)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.