Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com sadasd
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Infrastructure Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Architect, design & develop GE Lighting's AWS and Virtustream cloud environments. Develop automation tools to construct cloud infrastructure services. Deploy automation to reduce and eliminate RTS. Architect cloud solutions to leverage Corp authentication, IDM, SSO, HPA and other directory services. Work with the GEL and Corp cloud teams to continually update Lighting's cloud environment to latest architecture standard and corporate requirements.
In addition you will :
* Architect, design & build of cloud automation coding & script development
* Knowledge & use of latest scripting automation tools & technologies
* Migration, move of existing apps from traditional infrastructure to cloud
* Participate or lead in the analysis, design, coding, and testing, of infrastructure / platform code associated with cloud deployments
* Create supporting architecture documents, implementation plans, and cost estimates associated with platform an infrastructure delivery
* Operational support, advise, assist, guide and resolve problems associated with solution delivery
* Collaborate with other Architects to develop a strong, versatile, multi-discipline cloud solution
* Partner with Corporate and other GE businesses to leverage best practices and services when appropriate
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university
* A minimum of 3 years of experience of application design and architecture (including AWS RDS, AWS Cloud automation, EC2, S3, Chef and other services)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 5 years of IT experience working with large cross-functional projects
* Networking skills: Cisco, LAN / WAN, wireless, TCP / IP, routing, bridging
* Strong Unix / Linux operating system working knowledge
* Working knowledge of Virtualization Concepts (VMWare preferred)
* Working knowledge of Cloud Concepts
* Excellent oral and written communications & influencing skills
* SAP Database Implementation and Administration
* Effective experience working with Oracle Support Services
* Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g / 12c experience
* Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL and other NoSQL database technologies
* Shell scripting, configuration/automation languages (Chef, Puppet), PL / SQL
* SQL Development and SQL Performance Tuning
* Linux Administration
* Embraces change
* Desire and ability to learn quickly in other technical disciplines
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.