Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com sadasd
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Infrastructure Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The IT Networking Services Leader will be responsible for architecting & driving network architecture, programs and support for the internet working environment at GE. This will include interacting with strategic global vendors to maintain and support our infrastructure, making changes to critical infrastructure, resolving incidents, leading problem tickets, and driving programs to increase the performance and availability of our environment.
Own and lead technical global lighting & Current network programs and initiatives; provide technical architecture oversight as well as ability to lead and drive change in GE
In addition you will :
* Drive the SAND project with Corporate and Lighting's exit out of the AP4 Louisville Data Center
* Partner with Lighting cloud team to liaison with corporate for networking of AWS and other SaaS & PaaS cloud offerings
* Proactive health, capacity, failover planning and obsolescence management in the core network
* Partner with applications teams to deliver secure configurations to support application migrations within our cloud environment
* Review new design and architecture standards to enhance quality ensuring standards can be supported operationally
* Provide L2 / L3 support for GE's edge network environment
* Proactive health, capacity, failover planning and obsolescence management in the edge network
* Leading programs focused on improving the performance and availability of our edge network
* Leading the restoration of highly critical incidents
* Leading the change planning / scripting / implementation of high profile changes
* Leading the follow up and investigative actions for systemic problems in the environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a primary design, architecture or support role in network infrastructure
* CISCO CCNP / CCDP
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Multiple years of experience designing / implementing / supporting Cisco ASA firewall
* Multiple years of experience designing / implementing / supporting F5 LTMs
* Multiple years of experience designing / implementing / supporting Proxy solutions
* Cisco Prime monitoring management experience
* Experience supporting IPS products
* Cisco Call Manager experience
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.