The Instructional Designer is responsible for delivering holistic performance solutions that result in the achievement of defined performance objectives. ISs are expected to deliver quality products, services & experiences based on learning theories that improve performance and increase engagement. Duties include assessment and planning for the design, development, and delivery of multiple modality curriculum, performance support, and community networking solutions. The Instructional Specialist's work products will impact multiple aspects of the employee experience across the employee lifecycle including on-boarding, engagement and transition. The IS is primarily responsible for developing systemically architected solutions and their component parts that are scalable and support all human capital development initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Management ~ Provide organization, oversight and decisive leadership to solutions projects.
• Coordinate, plan for, and oversee the development of holistic performance solutions architectures.
• Monitor development of component solutions to ensure relevance, fit, and applicability within holistic solutions architectures.
• Manage vendor relationships to ensure products are of high quality, are relevant, and fit within broader solutions architecture.
Assess & Plan for Performance Solutions ~ Deliver strong project plans with solutions that support he needs of the business that are executable within time and budgetary constraints.
• Gather quantitative and qualitative information critical to the solutions development process from multiple channels including both internal and external sources.
• Review needs analysis and evaluation data provided and conduct needs analysis and evaluation
• Develop robust project plans that account for work performance, critical deadlines, pre-deployment testing, and necessary resources.
Design Performance Solutions ~ Create solutions concept that addresses root cause issues to drive business performance.
• Within approved solutions architecture, create appropriate solutions and interventions.
• Employ recognized adult learning principles within designed solutions
• Considering the performance objectives, audience environment, and available resources, determine the appropriate solutions from the full complement of solutions products available, to include Instructor-led training, eLearning, performance support tools (job aids, search, help functions, etc.), Community networking avenues, Podcasts, etc.
Develop Performance Solutions ~ Deliver a lean, designed solution in a modality (or multiple
modalities) that achieves performance / business objectives.
• Determine the performance objectives based on needs analysis as they relate to business outcomes or workforce behaviors.
• Customize appropriate solution(s) to achieve performance objectives.
• Design frameworks for contemporary and effective solutions that consider relevant internal and external information that will achieve performance objectives.
• Review and secure requisite approval of developed frameworks prior to design commencement.
• Monitor business environment and needs to recognize and perform needed adjustments to developed frameworks during course of projects.
Deliver Performance Solutions ~ Implement solutions to achieve target adoption rates and
that result in achievement of performance objectives.
• Conduct appropriate pre-deployment solutions testing to include Alpha, Beta and/or Pilot testing of target audience group.
• Make necessary changes pre-deployment based on solutions testing
• Develop and release all necessary deployment communications to target audience.
• Deliver designed solutions: facilitate classroom, launch electronic solution, publish performance support, activate networking, etc.
Minimum Requirements :
• Relevant undergraduate degree
• 2+ years of practical Instructional Design work experience
• Experience working with eLearning software such as Captivate or Articulate
• Master's Degree in Instructional Design or related field
• Knowledge of Human Performance Technology (HPT)
• Experience deploying performance solutions to a large workforce in multiple locations
• Knowledge of selling skills programs in a large retail environment
• Related industry certifications or credentials
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.