Sr Interaction Designer - Applications UX
Posted: May 23, 2016
Reference ID: 16000GAU
Oracle's Applications User Experience team of over 150 people brings together some of the world's best designers and usability engineers. We create the user experience for the next generation of enterprise applications to help our customers grow their business and our users become more productive. We work primarily on AJAX-based applications that leverage the latest technology, desktop integration (widgets, gadgets, mini-apps), and mobile devices.
• Collaborate with product teams to produce user interface scenarios, task flows, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
• Communicate with product teams to evangelize UI design directions and resolve design and implementation issues
• Create and document design solutions and guidelines
• Review and provide feedback on UIs produced by product teams
• Collaborate with usability engineers to conduct user research and support usability efforts throughout the development cycle
• Develop project plans and lead projects independently
• 3 - 10 years of industry experience designing interactive applications in collaboration with product teams
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Visual Design or a related discipline
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to design and prototype elegant UI solutions to user problems
• Proven track record in applying user centered design processes and methods to product development
• Strong communication and people skills in working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment
• Attention to detail while working on multiple projects
• Experience designing enterprise applications a plus
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.