Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The Sr. Investment Marketing Consultant mission is to oversee the end-to-end development and management of impactful investment communications strategies and content for the investment options within variable insurance contracts (annuities and life insurance).
In this role, the Sr. Consultant is expected to create and manage effective communications strategies using an understanding of markets, investment/portfolio strategies, competition, distribution channels, and end user audience. They will also align strategy with business objectives and drive/track results while integrating feedback and insights. This role is the single subject matter point of contact within marketing and will proactively engage and partner closely with Investment, Legal, Compliance, and Distribution teams along with external stakeholders. They have responsibility to develop marketing content, promotions, and resources and accountability for results. This role is charged with designing content to address challenges and opportunities revealed by advisor and customer research and input from our sales and distribution partners in the field.
- Identify compelling investment strategies and themes.
- Gather competitive intelligence for the purpose of developing recommendations for how to best position our products and craft messaging.
- Own end-to-end process of developing investment marketing content including creative briefs, visual concepts, and calendar documents that guide messaging for new material development and multi-media promotion to bring the story to life.
- Act as an investment and marketing strategy liaison and resource to internal stakeholders.
- Originate copy and visuals for integrated content and customized for print, digital, and social media.
- Work collaboratively with copywriters, designers, and creative services to execute on content deliverables within project timeframes.
- Use research and data to support promotional and messaging strategies.
- Identify metrics to measure and validate results and effectiveness of strategies to scale successful efforts and/or improve content, delivery, and messaging.
- Engage and partner with Investment, Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Distribution teams along with external stakeholders in the creation of investment materials, periodic communications, and market/portfolio commentaries.
- Lead annual investment material updates for the organization.
- Develop and maintain VA-related investment materials (brochures, fact cards, etc.).
- Own and deliver a positive user experience of digital and online investment resources.
- Partner with Distribution to maintain and approve institutional partner 3rd party content.
- Requires BA degree (preferably in Economics, Finance, or Marketing).
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the investment/financial services industry within Marketing, Product Management, or Investment Management.
- Working knowledge of multi-asset and risk-managed portfolio strategies.
- Strong collaborator, with an ability to work effectively with senior managers, peers, and other stakeholders in investment management, legal, distribution, and creative.
- A curious and creative mind, excited by economic and financial markets and the role of communicating to investors to help them reach their financial goals.
- Solid knowledge of investment industry distribution channels along with B2B and B2C marketing strategy with a strong appreciation for what resonates with different audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively and compellingly both orally and in writing.
- Strong experience writing, editing, and a background developing marketing and communications strategies and delivering marketing campaigns.
- Proven content marketer with ability to derive actionable insights through analysis and apply those insights to content that drives marketing results and connects strategy to creative.
- Ability to drive and track results with minimal supervision.
- Big picture thinker able to pay attention to detail and deliver high quality output.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow of multiple projects, while exercising independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
- Ability to develop, manage, and communicate project calendar time frames and schedules.
- Understanding of annuities.
- Working knowledge of business desktop applications (word, excel, PowerPoint) and Morningstar.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 26603
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.