Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Owens Corning's Global Information Services (GIS) provides a technology platform that supports the company's growing global business needs. In this organization, the Audio, Video, and Mobility Technical Architect is a strategic and technical leadership focused role accountable for the on-going discovery, identification, and design of new audio, video, and mobile solutions for the enterprise.
Working closely with other GIS groups and key suppliers, this role provides leadership and expertise for usage, development, and evolution of our audio, video, and mobility platforms ensuring that all IT services are managed for maximum quality and efficiency with the goal to maximize productivity of the IT community, end-users, and businesses worldwide. Attention to availability, performance, and ease of use is also part of the role.Reports to
: IT Leader of Technical Architecture.Span of Control
: Indirect leadership of key audio, video, and mobility stakeholders and direct management of the relationship with key suppliers.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Provide domain, technical, and functional expertise for audio, video and mobility platforms while leading the continuous evolution of the platform functionalities
In collaboration with our development and deployment partners, provide project leadership to ensure on-going releases are moving to production on schedule, on budget and with the expected level of quality
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical expertise on all functionalities of the platforms.
- Build and evolve external perspective regarding possible use cases, issues, and benefits of audio, video, and mobility technology.
- Provides consultation on best way to solution business and process requirements with existing functionalities, new investments or with special development.
- Collaborate with process owners and user communities on functional requirements gathering, definition, documentation, prioritization, and sequencing.
- Develop the global hardware and software standards that are sustainable, easy to use/deploy and drive business efficiencies while provide positive end-user experience.
- In collaboration with other Technical Architects, establish and maintain a clear near term, three-year, and five-year future roadmap for audio, video, and mobility.
- Lead the full development life cycle of consecutive releases that include; functional requirements, design documents, use cases, process models, data flow, test plan execution, transition, and training content.
- Ensure sustainable integration between audio, video, and/or mobility platforms and other upstream or downstream applications as necessary.
Provide analytics, reporting and knowledge sharing to ensure the pool of data generated by the platform is leveraged for continuous improvement
- Lead the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
- On a defined schedule, lead the governance structure and obtain validation of the scope and prioritized portfolio.
- Present as needed to project review boards new initiatives which include technical designs, cost models, support plans, and relevant information to successfully move initiatives forward.
- Accountable to work with development and project management teams for end-to-end project execution with the goal to have each release delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Coordinate internal and external resources needed for the execution of the project or program.
- Partner with project management team to ensure appropriate estimates, quotes, sourcing documents, and other financial related materials are successfully in place for the flawless execution of projects by development partner/supplier.
- Provide expertise around the analytical capabilities of the platform with a great continuous improvement mindset.
Thrive to achieve maximum positive user experience and high user satisfaction with an efficient set of processes, measurement, assessment, and improvement
- Establish your own key measurements that give insight into the health and usage of audio, video, and mobility application functionalities.
- Implement corrective and improvement actions when usage or performance falls below defined targets.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, determine a set of defined and refined targeted measurements that significantly help improve IT services managed and controlled by in the platform.
- Continuously assess user satisfaction with a set of defined and refined targeted measurement that significantly give insight to the health of services delivered.
- Partner with vendors and service delivery teams to implement corrective and improvement actions when services fall below defined targets.
- Mostly during design and development phases, influence, educate and control other IT groups to achieve simplicity, availability, and ease of use in all audio, video, and mobility services delivered.
- Lead the development of training materials and ensure the corresponding users have the appropriate knowledge to maximize usage and benefits of the platform
To maximize the value delivered by our key partners, provide strong and efficient vendor relationship capabilities
- Implement a certification training process for power users of the platforms where needed.
- Ensure that the knowledge base is continuously populated with useful and up to date documents about the usage and functionalities of the platforms.
- Socialize, influence, and motivate all IT groups about the importance of training for the proper and efficient usage of the audio, video, and mobility platforms.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Establish a strong relationship with our key partners, review, and control achievement of defined SLA and KPI, implement corrective action where needed.
- Build strong relationship with product and implementation providers to influence design and changes to platform for benefit of OC and end the user community.
- Manage licensing to ensure full software compliance and keep costs under control and still meeting usage needs of complete audio, video, and mobility platform by the user community.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business partners and IT teams.
- Demonstrated competence in relevant information technology, applications, and systems.
- Proven track record of bringing thought leadership, influence decisions, and driving results by engaging self and others across the enterprise.
- Competent in project management theory, knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience in the field where a broad understanding of the IT domains has been acquired, especially in audio, video, and mobility infrastructure and operations.
- Direct experience with audio and video technology including but not limited to Video and Telepresence Conferencing Systems - Cisco Systems a plus.
- Experience with the design and development of conference room technology and integration.
- Experience with the design and development of large auditorium system integration, support, and operational control.
- Experience with digital signage solutions, integration, and management.
- Experience with Video Enterprise Content Delivery Network platforms (SaaS, On premise, hybrid).
- Experience with broad range of wireless audio and display hardware and applications.
- Direct experience with Enterprise Mobility and Application Management software - AirWatch or Microsoft Intune a plus.
- Experience with broad range of mobile hardware (phone, tablet) technology and direct integration to services and applications within the enterprise.
- Understanding of enterprise network (LAN, WAN, Wireless) and voice systems.
- Demonstrated experience leading resolution of technical issues in conjunction with and on the behalf of internal teams and external providers.
- Experience in supplier relationships, confidence, and presence to deal with suppliers both internal and external and, on-shore or off-shore.
- Experience in leading, participating, and facilitating technical portion of supplier RFP process.
- Experience analyzing and presenting data driven performance results to different level of audiences and providing insight on root causes and improvement options.
- Experience collaborating across international boundaries a plus.
About Owens Corning
- Exhibiting professionalism and diplomacy.
- Strong willingness to learn and test new technical concepts.
- Analytical, Technical and Problem Solving skills.
- Strong business acumen and team building skills.
- A team player with the ability to energize and engage others.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a way that everybody understands.
- Able and available to travel domestically or internationally as required.
- Ability to speak another language is a plus.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.