At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations Audit group (GTOA) is a diverse team of auditors that ensures proper risk management practices are employed by engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers. This role will be part of the team that is specifically responsible for providing assurance over Enterprise Infrastructure and Architecture
United States : North Carolina : Cary
Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Overall responsibility for the execution and delivery of audit assignments by ensuring that all IT-related business risks are identified and appropriately reviewed in alignment with the departmental audit plan and initiatives. Audit activities include the following:
- Reviews of IT and Investments-related integrated processes for compliance with MetLife Policy and controls standards, regulatory requirements, leading practices, and procedural efficiency and accuracy;
- Identification, drafting, and communication of audit issues and audit reports as well as review of management’s proposed mitigation plans for appropriateness;
- Recommendations and implementation of changes to the control environment or operating processes.
- Support integrated systems pre- & post-implementation audits on major systems transformations.
- A combination of technical depth of IT risks in cloud computing, data governance, mobile applications, and eBusiness platforms is a plus.
The IT Audit Senior is responsible for contributing to key discussions and deliverables throughout the audit life cycle, from audit planning to reporting.
- Experienced and capable of executing audit assignments as part of a team, or independently for less complex or routine activities;
- Proficient in the use of industry and regulatory standards;
- Intermediate understanding of the financial services industry with a focus on Investments, Treasury, and/or Risk Management processes
- Overall knowledge of MetLife’s businesses and operations;
- Intermediate understanding of certain business and operations of MetLife; and
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including listening and interviewing skills.
- Role: Participant or leading individual less complex or routine projects;
- Participate in and/or manage projects, completing assigned tasks and responsibilities within budget and agreed timelines (and explaining variances);
- Communicate appropriately with identified stakeholders within IA and business management;
- Intermediate experience in being able to multi-task various ongoing activities and engagements; and
- Tracks and follows up on open issues and key business initiatives.
- May act as the primary client contact; communicates findings and develops resolutions with audit management and business client;
- Advises clients in developing action plans to resolve control issues or risks; handles the resolution of high risk issues with management; and
- Maintains a positive working relationship with auditees and sustains an ongoing relationship with key business contacts.
- Minimum of 3–5 years audit or financial services industry experience, public accounting experience preferred.
- Certified as, or working towards a CIA, CPA, CISA or FLMI designation.
- Competent knowledge of financial services / IT operations, procedures and policies. Strong familiarity with appropriate business processes and transactions.
- Competent knowledge of generally accepted audit standards and Corporate Internal Audit standards.
- Intermediate understanding of:
- IT general controls (e.g. security, change management, disaster backup recovery, data center, infrastructure, etc.);
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology;
- Operating system and database platforms (e.g. mainframe, client/server, Web services, Windows, UNIX, AS400, DB2, etc.);
- IT governance processes (IT Policies and Standards, ET Road Map);
- IT Risk Management’s assessment processes (e.g., Security Assessments, Vendor Reviews, Risk Assessment);
- IT application control concepts (e.g. application processing controls, system reconciliations, matching, workflows, etc.); and
- COBIT principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 32144
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.