The Sr. Business System Analyst is responsible for working with the various internal and external business partners to help provide solution design to complex business needs. The Analyst's primary role is to support the gathering and documenting of requirements based upon the needs of the business and conduct/lead requirement meetings and facilitate user acceptance testing. Additionally, the role will be required to present these requirements to IT development staff members in order to ensure that solutions meet the business needs. The Sr. Business System Analyst is responsible for providing expert system support for complex system development/enhancements/problems/issues impacting other areas (interfaces/sub-systems). This lead position provides business /technical expertise and team leadership on major, complex initiatives. The position may be responsible for giving work direction, mentoring and providing input to employee reviews for junior Business Systems Analysts.
*Work closely with both internal and external customers, vendors and other areas in the company in the development of Requirements. Interpret high-level business, compliance and financial needs/requests for complex projects, with little or no background information or foundation.
* A self starter that has the ability to lead requirements gathering sessions.
* Be the "go to" person for knowledge of the department's applications and data. Work closely with the Development and Testing Teams on complex system changes.
* Experience in development of Requirements for Web based, Mobile Applications, Web Services based functionality and as well as File Interfaces. Identify opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies within our system applications. Resolve complex, non-routine problems and issues where no precedent has been established or exists. Identify trends/patterns; facilitate and/or conduct root cause analysis; recommend solution alternatives.
* Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an Analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
* Analyze complex processes, interfaces and sub-system problems for modification. Participate in new process def¬inition efforts, as requested. Document existing and new business processes and workflows with a high level of complexity. Data Mapping of complex tables, files and records resulting from the corporate initiatives that involve system integrations, business acquisitions, and assumptions.
* Write business requirements for complex projects, including the definition, scope, objectives, and defining the approach. Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical specification documents. Define and document detailed, functional business requirements, including system scope and objectives for complex projects.
* Work closely with the Testing team to determine testing requirements for complex projects involving cross-functional areas and sub-systems. Assist as needed in Designing and drafting test plans as well participate in testing for complex, large-scale projects.
* Demonstrate detailed knowledge of project management principles and methodologies established and approved by our Company. Handle multiple projects, concurrently.
* Create atmosphere conducive to success.
* 5 years of progressive experience gathering and writing Business Requirement Documents in an Information Technology environment.
* 3 years of experience working with Process flows (Visio) and solution diagrams
* 3 years previous supply chain experience highly desired.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field Other requirements
* Previous Insurance and Wireless (Cell Phone Industry), OEMs, experience highly desired.
* Experience with major ERP systems (Oracle ERP, SAP, etc.) desired but not required
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
* Hands on knowledge of SQL Query and/or Reporting tools.
* Knowledge of a variety of applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Visio.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively meet and drive the requirements gathering with our customers as well as perform analytical.
* Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
* Excellent organizational and planning skills.
* Ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks, concurrently.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
* Bilingual English/Spanish
* 5-10% Travel
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.