We are seeking world-class talent looking to build a career with one of the world's largest home improvement retailers, operating more than 2,200 store locations in the U.S, Canada and Mexico. Specifically, your role falls within the Pro area of IT, encompassing applications and processes that support how The Home Depot willl "Find, Know and Grow" our professional customers, such as contractors and remodelers. The Home Depot offers a range of special services to these customers who make up more than 35% of our business. You will be exposed to the latest technologies running at large, enterprise scale. You will work with business partners to understand our strategic Pro initiatives.
The Senior. Developer has proficient knowledge of multiple programming languages along with the ability to take user stories and develop the technical design in an iterative methodology. The Senior Developer has the ability to guide, mentor and work on multiple product components and ensure proper usage as part of the design efforts in building a software product for production release. The candidate should possess a thorough understanding of life cycle development in agile XP principles through production implementation and post implementation. The Senior Developer has the ability to present at the various architecture review boards and display strategic view of an applications and how they fit into the whole retail space. We are looking for candidates who have a growth mindset, with the ability to be innovative and have a general understanding of multiple platforms and technologies (e.g. databases, security); user authentication best practices (e.g. cookies vs. certificate login); mobile app performance tuning strategies (e.g. memcache vs client cache); networking principles, operating systems, infrastructure, web technologies, emerging mobile technology trends.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Senior Developer capacity
- Experience with Agile XP methodologies desired - Pair programming, microservices and continuous integration and delivery, building micro-services
- Java development with focus on web development (Spring, Spirng Security, Hybernate, Polyglot a plus)
- Knowledge of standard web service development frameworks and methodologies (REST, Websockets, SSL certificates)
- Experience with standard SQL
- General proficiency in XML, JSON and XStream
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Adept at estimating levels of effort
- Must be able to adapt easily to change
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in any situation
- Must be able to use different forms of communication to delivery message to different groups of people
- Skilled at building positive relationships with team members and matrix teams
- Experience with building positive relationships and gaining trust with business partners
- Ability at leading and facilitating meetings
- Retail experience is preferred
- Bachelors is preferred
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Define, plan and implement solutions on assigned moderately complex projects.
- Take business requirements and develop the total technical design on moderately complex projects and ensure proper usage as part of the design efforts in building a system to be put into production.
- Conduct appropriate test reviews for assigned projects and present to architecture review boards as necessary.
- Promote and follow the established processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and standards.
- Provide technical direction to associate developers, developers and contractors.
Typically reports to Manager, Information Technology Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance. ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!