Sr. IT Project Manager (Job Number: 024472)
Corporate Office - 1435 LAKE COOK RD
1435 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for managing multiple projects, creating, monitoring and updating detailed project plans. Directs the planning, analysis design and ensures satisfaction of project requirements. Job Responsibilities
- Manages multiple projects, participate in team members formal assessments.
- Creates, monitors, and updates a detailed project plan. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, including recruitment / assignment of personnel.
- Provides management and strategic direction to a team and is responsible for the project development, budget and schedule. Establishes goals, negotiates project commitments and develops project plans.
- Reviews and approves the project scope definition. Coordinate development and approval of the business and technical requirements documents.
- Coordinates the formulation and definition of technical scope and objectives in collaboration with technical subject matter experts.
- Manages the resolution of issues that may not have an established precedence.
- Represents the company with contractors, suppliers, customers, departments, and other parties as required.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget. Adjust s the project plan, activities, and schedule as required.
- Monitors, measures, and reports on project progress to management and clients.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in IT with IT project management experience.
- At least 5 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
- At least 5 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
- Experience in managing a project budget between $1MM and $5MM.
- Knowledge of project management best practices and/or project methodologies.
- Advanced level experience (reorganizing large or complex projects into master and subprojects, optimizing resource assignments across projects, tracking schedules for completeness and budget on complex, connecting project managers, teams and data across the organization) with management tool, such as MS Project or Proworkflow.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/CS
- Knowledge of COBIT, Planview, and ITIL.
- Knowledge of waterfall and/or agile project methodologies.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.