Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in New Hudson, MI for a Sr. IT Support Specialist.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Lead and conduct support activities associated with NA Distribution. Local/Regional proposed IT solutions.
- Lead and conduct support activities associated with Global BMS and/or third party IT solutions.
- Perform solution assessment and validation for NA Distribution. Local/Regional NAD IT solutions that support functional and technical specifications.
- Maintain/acquire broad Distribution business knowledge.
- Previous experience in supporting IT solutions preferred.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses or Certifications:
- Technical Troubleshooting - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- IT Incident Management Process - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Hardware/Networks/Operating System Interaction - The ability to understand the basic tenets of the physical IT system and that system's relation to the application.
- Production Support - Experienced in multiple aspects of production support processes, including monitoring and troubleshooting customer response and physical security.
- IT Change Management Process - Ability to systematically control changes to Information Technology (IT) systems and maintain their integrity and traceability throughout their life cycle.
- Analyze Issues - Understands complex concepts and problems and identifies how they relate to key processes
- IT Architecture - Knowledge of concepts and philosophies regarding the design and deployment of information technologies and associated architectural concepts, principles and tools.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience troubleshooting and working with Cisco products.
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.