Are you looking for hands-on experience in developing the next generation of Oracle GoldenGate products, using latest technologies to deliver high availability, real-time data replication & integration ?
Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) products are deployed by thousands of enterprise customers for their High availability systems and for their real-time replication/integration needs. OGG helps organizations harness the value of their IT investments and improve business operations by providing continuous access to mission-critical information in real time. It provides a complete solution in high availability, real-time data integration, transactional change data capture, data replication, transformations, and verification.
Oracle GoldenGate eliminates the downtime caused by both unplanned and planned outages, and improve system performance and scalability and very effective in Zero-downtime operations, Disaster recovery and data protection, Data distribution, Query offloading. OGG is based on very powerful and robust architecture of Change Data Capture. It captures and delivers real-time change data to data warehouses, operational data stores, reporting systems, and other online transaction processing (OLTP) databases with minimal performance impact. This access to real-time information enables Real-time data warehousing, Operational reporting, Operational data integration. OGG also provides a strong line of UI products to Manage the OGG system and for verification of data. We also have Oracle GoldenGate Application Adapters for Java and Flat File expand Oracle GoldenGate's capabilities to non-database sources and targets, including JMS message bus, native database loaders, and more. We have a new BigData offerings that provides optimized and high performance delivery to Flume, HDFS, Hive and Hbase to support customers with their real-time bigdata analytics initiatives. Oracle GoldenGate for Big Data includes Oracle GoldenGate for Java, which enables customers to easily integrate to additional big data systems, such as Oracle NoSQL, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, and others.
Oracle GoldenGate team is looking for a creative and motivated individual with strong analytical and programming skills in Java with experience in database replication technique would be preferred. Our group is responsible for the product backend, and our goal is to provide a solid infrastructure to other components of product. The team develops and maintains Capture & Delivery Modules of various databases like Java Application Adapters, BigData Adapters, MySQL, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostGreSQL etc. Team deals with transaction processing challenges of specific Database areas with highly optimized algorithms. Product URL:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/goldengate/overview/index.html Overv iew:
As a member of the Oracle GoldenGate Big Data team, the candidate will take an active role in designing, developing, and troubleshooting the software to perform data integration of transactional data and other sources into various targets in the Big Data environment. Day to day work will also involve some level of research and prototyping tasks given the ever changing nature of the Big Data technology. Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and troubleshoot the software to perform data integration of transactional data and other sources into various targets in the Big Data environment.
- Research and build prototypes to solve various data integration problems, mostly concentrating in high performance and scalable solutions.
- Participate in architectural discussions and technical decision making opportunities.
- Work closely with team members and product owners to drive the product design and functionality.
- Be willing and able to build unit tests, maintain and improve the continuous integration best practices.
- Be an actively engaged and productive Agile team member, willing to work across roles and provide full support to the success of the Oracle GoldenGate Big Data products. •
- Software Engineering BS or MS degree or equivalent is required; 7 years of software engineering experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to share knowledge. Each team member embraces this and takes advantage of every success and failure to improve the collective intelligence of the team.
- Excellent knowledge of Java. Hands on experience in Java software development lifecycle is required. Proficiency in C/C is a plus.
- Experience in designing microservices in PaaS environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing REST-ful services.
- Knowledge of Hadoop and Big Data technology with experience of processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data in high performance.
- Hands on knowledge in Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Hadoop technology, and various NoSQL technology is required. RDBMS knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in designing highly available and scalable solutions is a big plus.
- Experience in Oracle GoldenGate and/or logical replication technology is a big plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.