**No Sponsorship Available. Can NOT work Corp-to-Corp. No C2C.**
TEKsystems is looking for a back-end JAVA developer. Our client is currently rolling out an online ordering website internationally and needs a java developer to help with new Development, Design and to assist with implementing software solutions.
- Analyzes the functional requirements and designs and implement them into software modules
- Follows standards for Java and API development in delivering the required software.
- Assists the practice area leader in defining and refining standards and best practices. In some cases, this role may become the practice are lead. (Sr. Java Developer role)
- Models good development activities based on the best practices and standards defined by the practice area.
- Follows industry standards, patterns and best practices for J2EE development techniques in implementing business rules
- Identifies and suggests software development process improvements
- Responsible for unit testing his/her software modules.
- Is familiar with Eclipse (Integrated Development Environment ) and the usage of source code repositories (like SVN) from within Eclipse for all Java projects.
- Proficient in the use of multiple data storage and access techniques including abstraction layers, DAOs and RDBMS such as SQL Server
- Understands and is able to identify and implement reusable code in an object oriented fashion
- Has visibility and understanding of the broader architectural vision (Sr. Java Developer role)
- Contributes to the Java Developer practice, which is a community of developers focused on consistency in practice and driving technology innovation through both process and technology
- Collaborates with the project team and is willing to be flexible to achieve team goals.
- Assists the lead developer in producing the relevant artifacts for the project
- Assists team lead in building, deploying and releasing application builds
- Identifies product or process related development issues and provides constructive feedback to the Manager of Services Development as well as the Technical Delivery Manager
- Strong understanding and demonstrated use of design patterns
- Leads the estimation of technical tasks and activities on project work (Sr. Java Developer role)
- Participates in project planning, estimation, standup and status meetings as appropriate
- Ownership mentality while maintaining a team focus
- Experience in building unit tests, preferably test driven development
- Define application deployments and work with operation teams to insure proper deployment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, computer engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years development/architecture experience with web infrastructure
- Requires strong skills in Java, Java EE, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, JMS, XML and SQL
- Understanding of REST, SOAP and JSON
- Working knowledge of such platforms as Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
- Experience in using Eclipse for IDE
- Proficient at using code profiling and debugging tools
- Understanding of relational database concepts, ER diagrams and database objects.
- Able to effectively interact with business customers to understand and derive business needs
- Strong passion for learning
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Understanding of different phases of software development life cycle
- Good communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience using common Java frameworks and libraries such as Spring and Hibernate
- International software development experience (multi-lingual, multi-currency, geographic and locale awareness)
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.