As a Senior Developer on the Point of Sale (POS) Agile team, you will be designing, coding, testing, and supporting a complex Java-based system which runs in Office Depot's 1400+ US retail stores.
- Designs and develops POS and omni-channel solutions using Java 8, EJB, AWT/Swing, MySql, and WildFly running on Suse Linux
- Analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications
- Unit and system testing of application code, as well as execution of implementation activities
- Analysis and identification of technical areas of improvement within existing applications
- Provides on call Level 3 support (part of team rotation) for the POS system
- Help research and recommend new tools and technology frameworks that can drive innovation and differentiation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of experience developing Java applications
- Experience working on complex, multi-threaded Java 8 applications
- Experience working with AWT/Swing
- Experience working on Linux (preferably SUSE Linux)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to complete complex tasks independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Willingness to work in a collaborative, team environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Eclipse
- Experience working with MySQL and Oracle databases
- Experience working with JBoss/WildFly
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Experience with Automation Tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience working with Hibernate
- Experience working on Retail applications (preferably Point of Sale)
- Experience with SVN
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience performing Java Heap Dump Analysis for performance/problem solving
- Understanding of PCI compliance (credit cards)
- Experience with mobile applications
Graduate degree preferred.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.