Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary
PayPal Working Capital Risk team is looking for senior software engineer that has a strong command of Java and RESTful web-services in a UNIX/Linux environment. The ideal candidate has strong computer science fundamentals and excellent design skills. Candidates should also be able to work with business partners and able to deliver business KPI's.Primary day to day job responsibilities include:
- Participation in product requirements review.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other software engineers.
- Coding highly available, testable, scalable components using Java and SQL in an Apache/Linux environment.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Work with various cross-functional teams like Quality Assurance and Product Management to effectively deliver business solutions
- 5+ yrs of engineering experience.
- At least 4 years solid server-side development with Java
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Expert level Java and demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems.
- Knowledge of SOA and RESTful API.
- Knowledge of SQL, XML, JSON and Spring Framework is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required due to the dynamic nature of discussions with other engineering teams and the business units.
- Master's in Computer Science
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig script, and Kafka
- Experience working in agile methodology
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.