Support both the Engineering and Service Departments by performing research for new products and field related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carry out testing as outlined by test requests, and criteria defined by Engineering. Must be able to operate test stand equipment in a safe manner. Properly diagnose and correct problems encountered during testing.
• Plan and set up test programs: setting up pipework, bending tubing, calibrating instrumentation, programing channel configurations in data acquisition system, pulling vacuum and charging systems.
• Diagnose electrical circuitry, both DC and AC (Single and Three Phase).
• Maintain proper lab function by performing maintenance on various test blocks as well as their associated components
• Trains fellow technicians in best test practices.
Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Firm understanding of the refrigeration cycle and its components. Knowledge of hot gas bypass loops preferred.
• Experience calibrating various instrumentation includes pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTD's, etc.
• Ability to wire motors and drives
• Understanding of AC and DC circuitry. Capability of creating control circuits
• Well versed in the art of welding through processes such as TIG, MIG, and Stick. Must have ability to weld out of position. Capable of preparing materials to be welded by cleaning faces and beveling pipe. Must be able to read and comprehend P&ID's that will be utilized to fabricate various test blocks. All potential candidates must first be able to pass our in house welding school where both the visual appearance and structural integrity (x-ray) of the weld will be judged. Chosen candidate will have to recertify on site every 6 month in order to maintain their credentials.
• Maintains a positive attitude and work well with others
Requires an associate's degree from college or technical school; or two (2) to five (5) years related experience and/or training in refrigeration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Refrigeration License Required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), as well as Internet software and E-mail is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee is occasionally required to lift no more than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION OUTLINES THE MOST SIGNIFICANT JOB FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BUT MAY INCLUDE OTHER SIMILAR FUNCTIONS OR ASSIGNMENTS NOT SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.