At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sr. Laboratory Technician for the Home Care Division (HCD) Laboratory located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Sr. Laboratory Technician will support the OEM Business Unit within HCD. This person will be responsible for efficiently and accurately completing laboratory tasks and testing supporting application engineers and product developers. This person will also be responsible for training others on laboratory procedures. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Accurately and efficiently complete both simple and complex physical properties tests with minimal to no supervision.
- Training others on testing and other laboratory procedures.
- Documenting test results and observations clearly and communicating these results to requestors.
- Be an active, valued member on product development teams assigned.
- Being a leader among other employees doing technician level work.
- Creating new, official test procedures, as well as updating existing documentation.
- Maintaining equipment in lab through coordination of preventative maintenance schedules and shop work orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates/Two Year Technical degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years laboratory testing experience
- Minimum of three (3) years Microsoft Excel experience
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or other related technical field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of analytical testing experience
- Experience with textile and thermal insulation related testing procedures
- 3M experience
- Proven willingness to go above and beyond to support the projects' objectives
- Positive, hands on attitude
- Detail oriented, observant, very organized, patient
- Ability to handle and coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to work with and teach others at various ability levels
- A problem solver, quick learner
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Maplewood, MNTravel: NoneRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.