With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Senior Leader - Operational Excellence contributes to the OpEx Department's goals to continuously improve productivity, improve quality of products and services, reduce lead times, and foster employee engagement. Provide technical and training assistance to the business units in the implementation of B.Braun Operational Excellence strategic plan. A hands-on, tactical change agent, this position will lead key business-critical improvement activities from the Gemba by improving product quality, removing waste and frustration, reducing error, improving process stability, and decreasing the overall cost of operations. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Analyzes current work methods and processes and identifies opportunities to implement common processes & best demonstrated practices; prepares, executes, revises and measures progress to overall Continuous Improvement Plan for the Irvine facility.
- Serves as a change agent and mentor. Provides leadership, coaching, and training in Lean Six-Sigma thinking, Lean production, OpEx methods. Helps disseminate lean thinking and industry information throughout the organization. Finds articles, information, and writes parts of B.Excellent! Newsletter. Attends Continuous Improvement seminars and events to promote personal and organizational development.
- Supports process integration of continuous improvement throughout the Irvine facility, improve the manufacturing process by understanding, measuring, charting and reducing process variability that have an adverse impact on both the product and operations. Ensure alignment and adherence to the standard CI reports and best practices. Drive standardization and consistency of approach.
- Facilitates both daily Rapid Improvement Events (KAIZEN events), and Strategic Improvement Events (Kaikaku). Facilitates project teams and manages highly-visible, significant, projects utilizing Lean Six-Sigma methodologies. Tool competency includes (but not limited to) Design of Experiments, QFD, EVOP, MSA, SPC, EOQ.
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and thorough manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Primary CI resource as the organization's Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt. Responsible for process study/characterization, executing data-collection plans, determining optimal process settings through the running of expansive Lean Six-Sigma projects.
- Systematic process study. Measures and analyzes current state and the results of changes made, with the objective of sustaining and continually building upon improvement.
- Assures that predicted savings are tracked, validated, reported, and applied to organization's operating results.
- Assures that process improvements and benefits employ visual management and that actions are driven to closure and sustained while being made visual to stakeholders.
- Delivers personnel training in OpEx philosophy, Lean Six-Sigma tools and other improvement approaches aligned with corporate OpEx CoE. May be called upon to assist in the revisions of CI curricula.
- Responsible for the coaching/mentoring of Green Belts, Kaizen Facilitators, and Champions.
- Assists Business Units in eliminating waste through process improvement with targets, objectives and schedules consistent with strategic analysis and plans; coordinate Business Unit savings plans, goals and objectives through participation via Strategy Deployment.
- Communicate project status and issues to all levels of management.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of workspace based on lean principles (i.e. 3P, 3PL, 1x1).
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Project management, personnel management (team dynamics), Lean Six Sigma tools, and quality standards.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing methods.
- Ability to work independently, team player, and team leader. Ability to lead, work with, be a part of team, and understand team dynamics. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals possessing varying degrees of education, experience, and knowledge from Production, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Regulatory Affairs, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Demonstrates passion. Desires improvement in the organization and self. Ability to motivate and energize others, possess a positive, can-do attitude, possess the fortitude to persevere when projects become challenging or encounter uncertain/rough phases.
- Effective Communicator. Ability to understandably speak and present to all audiences from shop floor to executive management in various Lean roles such as specialist, trainer, Kaizen leader, and coach. Excellent listener. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Respected by wide variety of organizations at most levels.
- Business Acumen / Results Oriented. Ability to link projects with desired business results. Urgency to complete project tasks, a "get it done" attitude.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and define solutions. Ability to perform cost, line efficiency, line balancing, and shift schedule analysis for products and manufacturing lines.
- Ability to teach and train. Experience training Lean Six Sigma concepts. Strong capability to coach and mentor, including front line supervisors, Business Unit leadership, and senior management.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated proficiency in software packages such as MS Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, and Word), computer maintenance management systems, SAP, and Statistical software (i.e. Minitab, JMP, etc.), email is Lotus notes.
- Willingness and capable of performing administrative work such as setting up rapid improvement events, writing agendas, typing flip chart notes, etc.
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in an Engineering, Quality, and/or Manufacturing position as either Industrial, Process, or Manufacturing Engineer.
- Successful completion of Lean Six Sigma training modules, or structured development plan for same; working knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies (such as Toyota Production System, Six-Sigma).
- Lean Kaizen Facilitator and/or LSS Green Belt Certified or equivalent with successful completion of at least 10 Kaizens and/or 2 Six-Sigma projects.
- Work hours may include dayshift, swing, and graveyard shifts, weekends, and holidays to coincide with business unit shift schedules.
- Some business travel is required
- Experience in application of Lean methods as a Kaizen facilitator.
- Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt training
- Experience in an FDA/cGMP regulated environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. #LI-CB1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.