Thomas Edison North (74050), United States of America, St Cloud, Minnesota
Sr. Learning Associate
Sr. Learning Associate – Consumer Operations Retail Learning
The best leaders don’t just motivate, they inspire. That’s how we reach our goals and why we reward outstanding results. Sound like you? Then consider Capital One, a financial services leader and FORTUNE 200 company, where you'll find an environment that values your abilities and rewards results that drive business success.
As a Senior Learning Associate for Capital One you will use your experience and expertise to drive important initiatives and high priority deliverables. You will work with a team of world class professionals in a wide variety of areas including, consulting, design, implementation, evaluation and relationship management. Working with this group you will personally see Capital One’s dedication to our associates and your passion for developing our people.
At Capital One you will see the impact of your work on the greater organization and be recognized for your contributions. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
- If you thrive on variety and enjoy all aspects of the Learning process
- If you are inspired by human connection in both an in-person classroom and a virtual one
- If your writing voice can be described as fresh, modern, and conversational
- If you believe collaboration brings about the best ideas
- If you read Learning blogs over your morning coffee, and the words Bloom, Masie, Musk, and Gagne mean something to you
- If deadlines motivate you and a little time pressure helps you prioritize
- If you are evangelistic about the associate and customer experience and if people regularly seek you out because of your creativity, talent, and work style…
This role will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of a diverse set of learning materials to support our Consumer Operations line of business. This individual will partner closely with key business partners to translate business intent into engaging learning, with a focus (though not exclusively) on digital-first learning methods. S/he will own most aspects of the learning cycle: analyzing learning needs, designing and developing blended learning solutions, facilitating learning in both a classroom and via Adobe Connect, and measuring and reporting out on learning effectiveness.
- Conduct stakeholder, subject matter expert, and learner interviews
- Determine, recommend, and document project instructional standards and strategies, learner engagement strategies, and evaluation plan
- Create curriculum roadmaps and menus and recommend the optimal blend and supporting rationale
- Design and develop engaging learning materials/tools, from ideation to evaluation, applying adult learning principles
- Storyboard and develop learning materials through digital-first methods: video, eLearning, simulations, games, and more
- Facilitate soft skills and technical classes in an in-person and virtual setting
- Create strong behaviorally based assessments and evaluation methods
- Represent learning in broader project efforts, ensuring an early focus on the implementation needs to ensure effective delivery in alignment with project timeline goals
- Partner with other content developers to support material development needs, as appropriate
- Strong performance and learning consulting to leadership
- Strong project management skills and strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions by identifying issues, diagnosing problems, generating alternative solutions and analyzing opportunities and risks
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and follow-through to completion with minimal need for direct supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in facilitation of training
- At least 2 years of experience in Learning design and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Resources, or Instructional Design
- 3 years of Learning design and development for digital modalities and virtual instructor led training
- 1 year of experience in Consulting
- 2 years of experience in Project Management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in Adobe Suite
- Articulate Storyline, Captivate, or other eLearning software experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.