Aviation Legal & Business Development
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Legal Counsel - Government Relations and Affairs
Government Relations and Affairs
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Lynn, Evendale, Cincinnati, Cheltenham
GE's Military Systems Operation is accelerating efforts to capture growth opportunities outside the US. The Sr. Counsel, International Government Business will represent the company to international governments & other stakeholders, work internally to develop & execute business strategies, & manage a Sr Contracts Manager to ensure seamless integration & support, from proposal preparation to close-out. This role reports to the Deputy GC, Military Systems and Government Business.
* Provides first-rate, practical legal and business advice to MSO sales and product-line leaders.
* Understands the business and long-term strategy, builds relationships with stakeholders to ensure GE stays safe while keeping customers first.
* Operates with a bias toward speed and simplicity.
* Works collaboratively with Program, Licensing, and Global Growth Organization counsel as needed to drive consistency in legal support while maximizing efficiency.
* Provides support and growth opportunities to the Senior Contracts Manager, International Government Business, to ensure outstanding support throughout the contracts lifecycle and enhance the Contracts talent pipeline.
* Juris Doctor (JD) or other law degree from an accredited institution and licensed (or eligible to be licensed) in the applicable GE office jurisdiction.
* Minimum of 7 years' experience in government or international contracts law, including complex negotiations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Skilled influencer, able to communicate complex messages to others.
* Committed to integrity.
* Passionate about winning.
* Acts as a strong business partner.
* Moves quickly with less than perfect information to distill complex issues into simple, actionable recommendations.
* Able to work independently and leverage the support of others in a fast-paced business environment.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.