Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Successful incumbent will join the Law Group Operations team at Brighthouse Financial (or, the “Company”) and will be expected to contribute to one or more of the following activities in support of the Company’s Law Group Operations: eDiscovery, Legal Hold, Subpoenas & Garnishments, Litigation Intake, Legal IT Portfolio Management and Project Management.
- Provide project leadership and directly support all phases of the EDRM life cycle in support of regulatory and litigation requests.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the search, preservation, collection, processing and tracking of information, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of the tools and capabilities needed to do so across a complex portfolio of enterprise technologies and capabilities.
- Ensure accuracy of process, and measures are in place to properly protect sensitive information.
- Create and manage the end to end discovery plan,
- Communicate with and effectively manage expectations of project stakeholders ex. attorneys, external law firms, vendors, and other internal departments
- Maintain master custodian tracking to ensure all relevant parties and their associated data is tracked from preservation request through the end of the matter.
- Ensure data is appropriately preserved, collected including identifying relevant enterprise data sources. (Data Mapping)
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure all data is processed and loaded as specified.
- Track search terms and revisions to ensure consistent searching across data sources
- Coordinate and track document review and production
- Ensure all closing tasks are completed upon final disposition of the matter.
- Bachelor Degree highly preferred
- 5+ years experience working in a corporate environment directly managing and executing across all phases of the EDRM life cycle
- 2+ years experience case/project manager, with expertise in driving efficiency and effectiveness through workflow analysis and change management.
- 5+ years technical expertise to properly search, preserve, and collect data from structured and unstructured data sources including but not limited to, network file shares, Exchange, SharePoint, workflow, imaging, video and recording systems.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both legal and technical staff, and convey complex ideas both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of compliance issues
- Knowledge of matter or case management, eBilling and document management systems
- Knowledge messaging /communication archive systems
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 52650
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.