Purpose and mission of the role:
This role will be responsible for creating solutions to enable sale and consumption of Online Services and volume licensing for Microsoft’s Public Sector customers in EMEA, particularly in Italy, Spain and Portugal. The Licensing Executive team is also responsible to provide feedback on existing Online Services and licensing contractual solutions, business opportunities/challenges along with developing and piloting alternative Online Services and licensing offerings within specific geographies.
Most of the customers have unique licensing needs that a Licensing Executive addresses in the context of Microsoft’s volume licensing programs, and, in collaboration with the account teams, present to customers. A Licensing Executive operates as the subject matter expert and provide leadership and coaching to Enterprise, Public Sector and or Corporate Accounts’ sales and licensing community and be a trusted advisor for local and regional management with respect to complex Online Services and licensing issues and related topics.
Interface with the Redmond based Marketing groups, deal desks, WCS, CELA (Corporate External and Legal Affairs), and Operations to ensure that the solutions developed meet the short and long term needs of both the customer and Microsoft while minimizing internal costs and any associated liabilities. Take a leadership role in working directly with the country executives to help determine how best to drive the business forward while ensuring that customer satisfaction remains a top priority.
The responsibility that comes with this role requires an experienced profile with background in enterprise sales and ideally in volume agreements of online services and commercial software. The role owner is expected to negotiate at General Manager and CxO level, both internally and externally.
This role is part of the “World Wide Licensing Solutions” (a.k.a Business Desk) and reports into Worldwide Commercial Solutions (WCS) organization, specifically to the Director of Central Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa Regions and EMEA HiRi Public Sector.
· Balance between revenue facilitation and control function
· Close business by negotiating customized licensing deals. Minimize risk to Microsoft by making business and legal decisions outside of field sales empowerment.
· Architect of all custom agreements and lead negotiator / advisor for complex deals
· Broad legal and financial authority, with extensive understanding of concession risks, compliancy measures, Microsoft Policies and Guidance and cost of sales implications
· Accountable for making tough trade off decisions regarding licensing concessions that have a material short and long term impact to Microsoft and our customers
· Support Microsoft licensing R&D through field and customer structured feed-back and by implementing pilot licensing programs proposed by WCS
· Advisor to local Sales Management with regards to complex licensing solutions, custom concessions, field and Business Desk empowerment, discounting practices and overall management of large deal portfolio
· Creates and enables creative contractual solutions in ambiguous situations.
· This position is responsible for providing complex analytical and contract negotiation support to the field sales organization in selected EMEA countries and their Government customers.
· Take a leadership role and close business by advising on sales strategy and tactics, provide exceptions and negotiate customized Online Services and licensing deals.
· Support WCS in general by working on process improvement projects or new and creative Online Services and licensing solutions.
· Represent Microsoft’s position on common business or legal negotiations for concessions offered within Business desk empowerment levels.
· Minimize risk to Microsoft by making business and legal decisions outside of field sales empowerment. Balance between revenue facilitation and good business for Microsoft.
· Broad legal and financial authority, with extensive understanding of concession risks and cost of sales implications.
· Accountable for making trade off decisions regarding Online Services and licensing concessions that have a material short and long term impact to Microsoft and our customers.
· Advisor to local Sales Management with regards to complex Online Services and licensing solutions, custom concessions, field and Business Desk empowerment, discounting practices and overall management of large deal portfolio.
· Participate or lead Business Desk projects for the purpose of efficiently developing and communicating specific licensing solutions or organizational process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
· Minimum of 10 years of direct Sales experience with commercial Enterprise / Global / Public Sector customers.
· Excellent demonstrated decision-making, analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
· Able to apply creativity in a changing environment to find the best customer solutions.
· Sustained track record of high impact (result oriented)
· In depth knowledge of local & area marketplace, particularly in Italy, Spain and Portugal, competition, and specific challenges of the Government industry that drive negotiation behavior
· Clean track record of adherence to Microsoft compliancy measures and policies is a mandate. Candidates who had compliancy notices will not be invited to the interviews. (for internal candidates)
· Ability to work in changing virtual teams is key as you will be required to collaborate across Microsoft’s field sales, licensing, specialist, legal, finance, processing, and product teams.
· Fluent spoken and written English language is a key requirement for this job, as most all communications and the preparations of the contracts, as well as ongoing training and knowledge sharing and WCS internal communication are in English language. In addition, fluency in Italian and/or Spanish is a key requirement to fulfill the requirements of this role.
· Effective communication skills and ability to successfully work in a highly collaborative manner across a variety of geographies and departments both inside and outside of Microsoft.
· No relocation support will be given for candidates applying outside the job’s advertised locations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.