We are seeking a Sr. Device Driver Engineer to join our growing team working on a state-of-the-art digital lithography tool. The system takes full advantage of embedded control and the successful candidate will have strong knowledge in Linux development and kernel internal structure. This role will design and develop hardware device drivers, usually in the form of Linux kernel loadable modules and support the ongoing development of Linux kernel modifications. We change the technology to meet our meets, so we need someone who can think outside the box. Key Responsibilities
- Understanding and analysis of the underlying hardware devices, including DMA, asynchronous operation, interrupts, and error conditions.
- Development and modification of Linux kernel changes to support ongoing feature development,
- Development of device drivers based on equipment specifications and performance criteria
- Development of testing and diagnostic routines for these drivers; evaluation of test results as a basis for code and test improvement
- Debug of the system using the testing and diagnostic routines on the hardware system and potentially in simulation
- Development of documentation for the device drivers and associated testing and diagnostic code
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 years in software development
- 4 years Linux device driver development and testing
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- Deep knowledge of Linux kernel structure at an implementation level; strong knowledge of Ubuntu is a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of programming in C, including structs, pointers, macros, and types for multiple architectures.
- Experience in designing data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of boot sequences, especially for unattended embedded Linux systems
- Experience working with hardware systems in various states of design, development and reliability is required.
- Experience with internal kernel interfaces, hardware register access, DMA, kernel threads.
- Experience with writing, building, testing and debugging of kernel loadable modules.
- Experience writing test scripts for demanding and exhaustive testing of device drivers.
- Ability to write software specifications and to document production software
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.