We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Performs complex legal and other secretarial duties for assigned attorney(s); assist in the training of new and existing support staff; keeps staff up to date on new court rules and office procedures; performs quality checks and monitors overall work flow in assigned work group.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-4 years of civil litigation support experience. Essential Job Functions
- Maintains schedules and calendar for assigned attorney(s).
- Composes a variety of correspondence, pleadings, and various legal forms from dictated, handwritten or verbal correspondence. Receives and processes incoming mail.
- Coordinates time and location of multi-party appearances, including depositions, arbitrations, mediations, IMEs, meetings and site inspections.
- Contacts clients, witnesses, court reporters, interpreters, claims personnel, and others to confirm scheduled appearances as instructed by assigned attorneys.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and keeps up-to date with court rules and legal deadlines.
- Answers telephone calls and receives visitors for assigned attorney(s).
- Implements training schedule for entry level secretaries and administrative staff.
- May assign work to trainees and maintains maximum production and efficiency.
- Maintains and updates all computerized litigation support systems.
- Performs all legal and other secretarial duties required for assigned attorney(s).
- Performs other functions as assigned by LOA or Managing Attorney.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting , bending and stooping. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled environment. Education Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience Requirements
Eighteen months as a Trial Secretary II with FIG, or three years of civil litigation experience. Special Skill Requirement
Word processing on personal computer. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.