A Logistics Sr. Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, improve and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Sr. Logistics Analysts are responsible for data management, project management,analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support Logistics management.This position supports several key projects including Dynamic Routing, Speed vs. Precision Process & Reporting, maintaining quarterly transit template review/update & executing CFS breakpoint analysis. Role also helps drive efforts to achieve on-time key-rec, lead time reduction & lead time error goals. Ad-hoc projects & analysis support are also part of the job scope for this role throughout the year. Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management s goals and standards. Operates with minimal supervision and once given general assignments, prioritizes and executes tasks. Provides and communicates recommendations to upper management. Mentors and guides Logistics Analysts in daily work tasks. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to support and lead multiple projects, possess excellent communication skills, work well with a team, interact with multiple levels and functions with the Logistics organization, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- 25% Utilizes quantitative skills to create and analyze reports to support business execution.
- Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs"
- 25% Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology
- Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through strategic thinking, critical thinking and analysis
- 20% Provides recommendations to senior management
- Mentors and guides Logistics Analysts
- 20% Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping, and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility. Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs."
- 10% Manages vendor/business partner relationships
Nature and Scope
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
Environmental Job Requirements
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 3
Physical Job Requirements
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience in International Logistics
- Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Math or Finance Degree
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word and Visio.
- Advanced Skills in: Mini-Tab, Access, SQL, Visual Basic Skills for Data Acquisition and Analysis, Visio-Process Mapping Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Finance/CBA/Capital Budget Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to manage budgets, forecast costs, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!