Sr. Logistics Coordinator
Posted: January 31, 2017
Reference ID: 1357782291
International Logistics Coordinator
The Adecco office in Irvine has a job opening for an International Logistics Coordinator for our client located Irvine, CA. This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
The International Logistic Coordinator receives purchase orders and makes shipping arrangements including necessary documentation to deliver products to customers. The International Logistics Coordinator will communicate with the company's plant in Thailand and custom brokers to ensure all procurement activities are smoothly coordinated from order to delivery.
The International Logistic Coordinator will be responsible for handling the technical details of international transportation-multiple modes, complex documentation, and varying customs regulations, developing distribution strategies, and building relationships with logistics intermediaries.
• Manages the performance of international carriers and logistics intermediaries
• Ensures compliance with international and U.S. laws related to import/export activity
• Evaluates trade-offs between transportation costs, inventory costs, and service levels
• Develops logistics strategies and processes for entering new markets on a global basis
• Maintain / Build relationships with Forwarders / Clearing agents
• Communicating ETA's and shipping documents to customer
• Will perform other project and duties as assigned
• 3+ years of related experience in sales company (manufacturing or trading) in the USA
• Average 200 Purchase Orders per month from our customer
• Software - Dynamics GP
• Thailand export/import experience; USA Import/ Customs experience
• Detail-oriented; able to handle multiple tasks