Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Evaluates long term care claims and exercises independent judgement, discretion and critical analysis to reach reasonable claims determinations that are in accordance with contract provisions and time service standards.
- Ability to manage assigned caseload with limited supervision. Provides timely, balanced and accurate claims reviews in a time sensitive and fast paced environment.
- Compiles file documentation requiring extensive policy and factual detail. Conducts in depth detailed information-gathering phone calls that obtain medical condition details and other information.
- Identifies information and resources needed to make benefit eligibility determinations.
- Communicates decisions to policyholders and or their representatives in both verbal and written form.
- Assist supervisor with complex case review and letter review.
- Partners with Supervisor to identify training needs and provide mentoring and coaching.
- Identifies issues and works with associates to increase individual and organizational capabilities.
- Partners with supervisor to resolve claimant escalations.
- Embraces and promotes change initiatives within LTC and assist supervisor with recognition
- Bachelors preferred
- 3+ years of claims experience
- Strong technical and communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working with multiple priorities in a changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain quality.
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 54021
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.