DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Sr. Machine Operator – (3rd Shift), located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
• Set up and operate diverse types of machinery (i.e. Manual, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Automatic and CNC) in an assigned cell.
• Produce various types of products used in the medical device industry.
• Equipment used depends on product being manufactured or operation being performed.
• Ensure production requirements are met, product quality is maintained, machine maintenance is adhered to, and safety rules are followed.
• Help train new and temporary employees and perform other duties as assigned.
• Use various types of measuring instruments including gauges, micrometers and calipers.
• Use diverse types of hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc.) to adjust tooling or fixtures for set up changes or quality adjustments.
• Perform first piece and in-process quality checks, which are done both visually and mechanically
• Fill out paperwork correctly according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) rules.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on a regular basis such as checking and replacing coolant, checking fluid oils, emptying metal chips, and cleaning machinery and work areas.
• Complete rework on products rejected by quality inspection and works with other production areas and cell leaders as necessary.
• Provide input to cell leader or tool room manufacturing engineer for either more efficient cell operations or tool/fixture design.
• Follow appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or co-workers.
• Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
• Works independently within established guidelines. Interfaces with engineering, maintenance, tool room, quality, materials, and other production area employees, as needed.Qualifications
- A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working as a machine operator is required.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment is preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards (JDE) preferred.
- Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and work with decimals and fractions, required.
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical equipment is preferred.
- The ability to use hand tools (wrenches, screw drivers, etc.) is required.
- The ability to use various types of measuring equipment, including gauges, micrometers, calipers and comparators, is required.
- The ability to read transparencies is preferred.
- The ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds unaided and stand and/or walk up to 100% of the time is required.
- Must have a proven track record of demonstrating leadership capabilities.
- The ability to help train new and temporary employees is required.
- Must be able to work 3rd Shift (9:30pm – 6:00am).
- The ability to work occasional overtime and off-shift hours is required.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function