Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
This position reports to Day(1st) shift. This shift schedule is Monday to 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
The Sr. Maintenance Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining maintenance / calibration job plans. Other duties include reviewing, estimating and identifying parts, tools, resources, safety permits and change control requirements for preventative and corrective work orders. Support as necessary maintenance scheduling activates.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Perform the following Planning Activities:
• Physically perform job walks to scope out the work as necessary for Work Orders.
• Request change control documentation for Work Orders. Ensure documentation is signed off prior to scheduling.
• Estimate labor hours needed to perform the work for each Work Order.
• Determine parts and material requirements for each Work Order.
• Perform kitting of parts and material in JDE for MRO storeroom.
• Entering purchasing requisitions for contractor services
• Identifying permits as needed.
• Maintaining an accurate, up-to-date backlog status to support the scheduling process.
• Notify Reliability Engineering to update/revise BOM on equipment missing/incorrect parts.
• Ensure PM model work orders are properly set-up with required parts in JDE system to automatically kit when PMs are generated.
• Provide feedback to Reliability Engineering regarding obsolete/missing equipment.
• Understanding of manufacturing process.
Support as required the following Scheduling Activities:
• Screen Work Orders in JD Edwards (JDE) system and review for completeness, accuracy, and necessity.
• Complete knowledge of department's PMs workload.
• Ensure planned Preventative Maintenance (PM) work orders are scheduled (with the parts ready for use and documentation signed off, if applicable) within the defined maintenance window (Grace Period).
• Works with Maintenance Manager to schedule resources to ensure efficient completion of work.
• Coordinate with contractors and outside vendors to have tasks completed in the facility in a professional and compliant manner.
• Perform level loading of PMs.
• Setup PM Schedule in JDE.
• Initiate/request for PM extension as necessary.
• Schedule by linking multiple Work Orders on the same equipment or in the same room.
• Negotiate for equipment availability for execution of Work Orders.
• Develop a weekly schedule for Maintenance Technicians.
• Trending of Work Order execution vs. weekly schedule and report out to Maintenance Manager/Supervisor.
• Complete knowledge of department's PMs workload and scope.
• Attends meetings with the manufacturing scheduler and participates in the overall plant scheduling of the following week's work.
• Provide a PM forecast report to manufacturing for one month in advance.
• Strong understanding of maintenance principal with an ability to deal with complex processes and procedures
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
• Computer skills and systems knowledge required.
• Ability to think systematically, strong problem solving and system knowledge.
• Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
Education and/or Experience:
AA degree or equivalent certification preferred and a minimum of 7+ Yrs Biotech maintenance and 3+ Yrs of Planning experience.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
• In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
• Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
• No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
• Will work in a cold, wet environment
• Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• May be required to work in a confined area.
• Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.