Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Senior Maintenance and Reliability Engineer (Sr. Specialist - Engineering) is responsible for providing maintenance and reliability engineering, leadership, support and strategic focus to ensure optimum business performance in equipment, systems, documentation and asset utilization utilizing predictive maintenance technologies and lean/six sigma principles.
Responsible for the immediate and long term performance of equipment, production and work processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hold safety as key priority in all aspects of job performance
- Act as single point of contact for site reliability engineering, including interfacing with team members, utilizing established reliability tools to understand risk and status of mitigating actions.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in compliance with all safety, environmental, and quality requirements.
- Manage risk posed by equipment, systems and processes using tools such as Risk Based Asset Management (RBAM) and Equipment Criticality Assessments (ECA)
- Serve as technical liaison for capital projects to ensure reliability, maintainability and operability of installed equipment.
- In SAP, update equipment data, preventive maintenance task lists, critical spare parts lists and diagnostic methods as necessary to improve reliability. Including the addition, deactivation and transfer of Assets.
- Monitor the performance of equipment reliability metrics, investigate variance from targets and implement action items to improve performance an d reduce cost.
- Develop and tracks metrics on assets and other KPI's.
- Track production downtime and abnormally high maintenance cost assets
- Define, design, develop, monitor and refine the preventive/predictive maintenance program for the site.
- Conduct Maintenance effectiveness / optimization reviews.
- Perform root cause failure analysis on equipment failures and develop strategies to prevent recurrence. Trend failure causes and communicate to improve future equipment design
- Develop and review rankings of maintenance material cost, downtime hours and labor hours spent on assets and develop action plans to reduce spending and downtime.
- Be the primary lead for elimination of repeat equipment failures in defined areas
- Provide technical support for production area quality deviation investigations
- Adjust equipment task lists, spare parts, frequencies, and information as appropriate based on trends, approved changes, and/or business requirements.
- Update/create SOPs as appropriate based on trends, changes, and/or business requirements.
- Review completed work notification and orders for GMP adherence and appropriate documentation of work performed.
- Communicate reliability performance to customers and stakeholders formally and informally.
- Act as facilitator for site Total Productive Maintenance events (TPM), track actions to closure
- Serve as liaison when working with other departments or outside contractors
- Represent the site in meetings with the corporate Asset and Reliability Management (ARM) Center of Excellence, keep up-to-date and in-line with their key priorities.
- Act as primary point of contact for corporate energy sustainability initiatives as they pertain to the site.
- Participate as team member on site proactive safety reviews, manage assigned actions as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Military or other, equivalent technical field
- Minimum of (8) years' experience in a functional area, such as Operations, Technical Operations, Technology, Engineering, Maintenance, Military and/or previous supervisory experience in industrial manufacturing.
- Minimum of (4) years' experience in supporting relevant manufacturing or processing (aseptic/sterile, bulk, solid oral dosage, packaging, utilities etc.)
- Ability to locate and/or rank problem assets in an effort to lower maintenance costs and prioritize recapitalization. Analytical and problems solving skills with regard to electrical, automation and / or mechanical equipment and their use within a manufacturing process.
- Very good general computer skills, including Microsoft, Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess certification as Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) and/or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) OR be willing to pursue certification within the first six months of employment.
- Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis,
- Computerized Management Maintenance Systems (SAP).
- Demonstrated knowledge of High Performing Organization tools and methodology, including Lean Six Sigma Methodology,
- Demonstrated experience of interacting with site, divisional or regulatory audits
- Working knowledge of cGMP for pharmaceutical and/or vaccine manufacturing.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement