Mechanic for Lab Support is responsible for the efficient and reliable operation of building lab support systems and equipment for R&D, PD, and QC labs in B128, B125, B200, and B300. Position Major areas of focus include:
• Routine performance of preventative maintenance and repair activities on lab support systems and equipment with the focus on analytical equipment and instrumentation
• Supervision of contractors and vendors for the performance of preventative maintenance and repairs on building lab support systems and lab equipment.
• The continuous improvement and development of maintenance practices and procedures.
• Ensuring and enforcing the safe performance of all repair, maintenance, and project activities in accordance with Shire policies.
• Maintaining equipment spare parts inventory and replenishing spare parts as necessary to prevent significant equipment down time.
40% Routine Preventative Maintenance
• Utilizes CMMS to manage the completion of all preventative and corrective maintenance assignments.
• Ensures that all maintenance activity is completed within designated timeframe filing proper documentation per SOP as necessary for extensions.
• Reports any maintenance failure or issues immediately to management.
• Evaluates equipment performance and makes recommendations to maintenance performance or system design.
• Seeks to continuously improve maintenance practices.
30% Equipment Repair and Lab Support:
• Troubleshoots equipment and makes repairs to minimize downtime.
• Tracks repair history of lab support systems and equipment
• Provides lab support for the movement of materials, mounting of equipment, and other general technical assistance as needed.
20% Spare Parts Management:
• Develops a list of required spare parts for equipment under responsibility and receives, inventories, and stores spare parts.
• Utilizes SAP for parts ordering.
• Solicits and reviews quotes from contractors and vendors for work assignments or projects.
10% Facilities Site Support:
• Provides maintenance and repair support to other Shire HGT facility sites.
• Conducts rounds in non-GMP buildings
• Maintains all spaces clean and orderly.
• Works cross-functionally with other groups to accomplish tasks or projects.
Education & Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent acceptable.
• Training on maintenance of Column Chromatographs, High-Performance Liquid Chromatographs, Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatographs, Bio-Reactors, Lyophilizers/Cryodesiccation Units, Mass Spectrometers, and/or any other associated analytical equipment is required.
• Demonstrated abilities and/or experience of training in repair, operation, and troubleshooting of electromechanical process equipment and utility systems.
• Experience with control systems, PLC's, SCADA, and BMS systems preferred.
• 7-10 years experience in bio-pharmaceutical, petrochemical, packaging, and power generation industries.
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives. Shire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.