Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils-and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover, NJ site has approximately 690 employees. Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Alloy Operation
has an immediate need for a Midnight Shift, Sr. Maintenance Mechanic.
This department follows a 24x7 schedule and will work Midnight Shift with some weekend coverage in this schedule.POSITION OVERVIEW
Makes repairs and does preventative maintenance on facility and manufacturing equipment. This position will focus on Cranes and Hoist equipment in the Alloy Plant. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs assignments that require advanced knowledge and experience in trouble shooting and maintaining the physical structure, machinery and related equipment throughout the plant.
- Proficient in installation of all types of equipment - using blueprints, schematics,
Manuals, written and oral instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Assists in training of less experienced colleagues - runs minor projects. Must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and use good judgment in decision-making.
- Enable the applicable shift to operate efficiently.
- Maintains job assignments and other maintenance records as directed.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervision.
- Maintain all assigned work area in as clean, orderly and safe condition as circumstances permit.
- Requires lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis (up to 33% of an 8 hour day) from waist to knuckle level.
- Any weights over 70 lbs. require the use of assistive devices and/second person assist.
- Push/Pull forces of up to 200 lbs. involving tools, parts and other service requirements.
- Small Hand Tools and Safety Equipment
- Vacuum leak detector
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Basic Qualifications
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must possess a Boiler Operator License at start or within 1 year of service.
- Must properly complete and abide to all safety procedures and training classes provided as standard to all maintenance colleagues within the department.
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant mechanical work experience is required.
- Must know location and function of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, vacuum equipment, air compressors and systems, natural and propane gas systems, sprinkler systems, robotics, x-ray and related equipment, city and well water systems, waste treatment plant and related equipment
- Candidates with mechanic experience working with cranes and hoists are preferred.