Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most. This is a 3rd Shift position. Work hours are Monday - Friday 11:00pm - 7:30am. Summary
The ideal candidate will be r esponsible for providing a high level of maintenance support for all equipment in the Galaxy filling process. This includes maintaining equipment in all areas of the Mix, Fill and Finishing complexes at the Drug Delivery and Penicillin facilities. This position ensures manufacturing lines are well maintained and ready to run during planned production time. This requires providing on time PM completion, constant monitoring during production to spot and solve issues before they affect production. Provide a high level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Must be able to troubleshoot and analyze PLCs and PLC controlled equipment, analyze data and develop solutions to problems related to the Galaxy filling process. It is customary to provide service on an emergency basis, including overtime, weekends and during plant shutdowns. Must become familiar with corporate specifications and plant SOP's governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP. Must adhere to all plant safety rules and direct others in the proper application of plant safety.
The successful candidate will drive innovation and continuous improvement, able to work independently and closely with manufacturing, engineering and quality groups to resolve issues. This position will support Sr. Field Service Technicians and Lead Maintenance Technicians with scheduling and timely PM completion.
Out of town travel may be required to attend seminars, visit equipment vendors or other Baxter facilities.
This position requires lifting up to 100 pounds on a periodic basis. Walking and traveling between Drug Delivery and Penicillin buildings throughout all seasons. Responsibilities
A Sr. Maintenance Technician requires very little supervision to accomplish his/her objectives. This individual looks for ways to improve their knowledge and skill set through additional training. Take a proactive role in safe work practices and lead by example. Point out unsafe conditions and practices to others and support the C2S initiative.
- Must understand corporate specifications and plant SOP's governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP.
- Take ownership of assigned manufacturing lines, continually monitor and communicate with manufacturing to reduce down time.
- Provide a high level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Review current PMs, verify parts are in stock and complete PMs on time.
- Build and rebuild machine assemblies.
- Communicate equipment issues and work status to supervision, manufacturing, and management per the plant's Stop and Fix guidelines.
- Initiate work orders using the Maximo CMMS system.
- Perform PM work and assign work related to the Galaxy process when work is required to maintain equipment reliability and efficiency. Ensure proper and timely completion of related documentation.
- Note in Maximo or other downtime tracking method any problems, breakdowns or alarms related to all equipment. Initiate a work order, and additional documentation required to resolve the issue. Review equipment trends related to the issues and support efforts to eliminate reoccurring problems.
- The Sr. Maintenance Technician will share knowledge and train less experienced technicians in the Galaxy process and all related equipment including safety, 6S, PM's associated with the RLD and RLN facilities.
- Handle robots in all normal production modes, troubleshoot and identify problems related to robots, machine output and quality defects as they occur.
- Solicit help from Lead technicians and engineering assistance when needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the Baxter Code of Conduct.
- Maintain 100% on time completion of all required training.
- Prior experience working in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Ability to read & understand electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of programmable logic controllers.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, have strong teamwork and communication skills, both verbally and written, good documentation skills and practices, strong computer skills, customer oriented, work safely and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Skilled in MS Word, MS Excel and Maximo or similar CMMS.
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level is imperative.
- A candidate must not be allergic to Penicillin and Cephalosporin or their related products and minerals.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required , technical certifications a plus
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or above a plus
- 7 years manufacturing systems experience preferred
- 4 years of manufacturing systems experience with Associates degree
- 2 years of manufacturing systems experience with a Bachelor's degree
#LI-RV2 Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.