This position reports to Day (1st) shift. This shift schedule is Monday to Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
Responsible for operating and maintaining the Critical Systems and associated areas. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform removal of hazardous waste.
- Performs preventive maintenance and corrective work orders for critical system utilities on a regular basis.
- Respond to urgent and emergency work orders for the Critical Systems department as needed.
- Responsible for closing assigned work orders in JDE System.
- Responsible for the completion of Change Control documentation (PRs) if required by the assigned work order.
- Responsible for operation and repairs of Critical Systems and associated mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Shall be trained and qualified on designated facility SOPs governing the operation of boiler room equipment, critical systems and local GMP practices.
- Will provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of Critical Systems, equipment and equipment components which include but not limited to: distillation units; boilers; air compressors; pumps, piping, and plumbing components.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and codes.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
- Attends required training and meetings.
- Keeps designated area 5S'd.(Safety, Sort, Shine, Standardize, Sustain).
Education and/or experience
- City Los Angeles Unlimited Steam Engineer's license is required (or ability to obtain license within 90 days of employment).
- Knowledge of water treatment systems, such as filtration, softening and reverse osmosis is required.
- Basic computer skills such as e-mail and internet are required.
- Experience with using computerized control systems is preferred.
High School Diploma and 5 or more years of mechanical systems repair experience or an Associate's degree and 3 or more years of mechanical systems repair/boiler operation experience is required Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Working Environment
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- Must able to climb ladders and move about in closed quarters facility non-manufacturing support areas.
- Will be working in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.