This position reports to Swing (2nd) shift. This shift schedule is Monday to Friday 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
Under limited supervision, perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and upkeep of L.A. Plant site manufacturing and facilities equipment with an emphasis on HVAC and refrigeration equipment / systems. Repair, overhaul and perform preventive maintenance on Plant equipment to include, but not limited to, refrigeration based manufacturing, lyophilization and Plant HVAC systems. Positional responsibilities include gas welding, operating diagnostic equipment and instrumentation, use technical measuring devices, read and interpret electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems schematics / blueprints. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs breakdown and preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis to include, but not limited to, lyophilizers, process chillers, HVAC air handlers, central chillers, pumps and equipment and industrial control systems as responsibilities assigned to Facilities Engineering in both cGMP and non-cGMP areas.
- Responsible for repairing sterile lyophilization refrigeration systems, lower and normal temperature cold storage equipment, building automation system components, mechanical and electrical equipment as assigned.
- Maintain refrigerant records in compliance with US EPA and SCAQMD mandated refrigeration record keeping.
- Must be familiar with plant and divisional SOPs as related to positional and department responsibilities.
- Will provide troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair equipment and equipment components related to positional responsibilities which includes, but not limited to: pumps, piping, and plumbing components; electrical controls, compressors, vacuum pumps, sanitary piping, blowers, and facility equipment.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and codes to include NFPA, NEC, UBS, UMC and UPC in compliance with L.A. City, Shire EH&S and Factory Mutual requirements.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with L.A. City, CA state and federal EPA regulation and laws. Specific responsible system repairs, upkeep, maintenance and operations managed within regulating agencies to include, but not limited to, L.A. City Building & Safety, SCAQMD, L.A. City Bureau of Sanitation, CAL OSHA and OSHA.
- Participates in Stand By maintenance program as assigned by Facilities Engineering management.
- Completes WOs in compliance with L.A. Plant standard operating procedures.
- Perform Disposal of Hazardous Waste.
Education and/or experience
- Able and accountable to take on responsibility for tasks.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to utilize PC's for training, communication and work schedules and close-out.
- Able to work individually or on teams.
- High School Diploma, A.A./A.S. technical discipline. Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years maintenance experience at journeyman level in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- US EPA Universal certificate required.
- Proven successful interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to climb ladders and move about in closed quarters facility non-manufacturing support areas.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required (APPLICABLE TO SNE only).
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- This position will support Grave Shift schedule.