Designs, develops, modifies, and implements java based software systems designed to support our Charter Gateway customer operations portal. The portal is in the first phase of a three year, five phased development effort. The selected candidate will be a member of the team that is responsible all aspects of the application from troubleshooting to the development of subsequent phases. The selected candidate will also be expected to be on top of industry tools and trends in Java based system development.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and develop java solutions based on customer requirements.
- Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software.
- Develops technical documentation such as design documents.
- Work with developers and architects in developing middleware configurations based on requirements.
- Provides general system users and management with system analysis and feedback.
- Influences and sometimes leads system design.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing systems.
- Train and mentor fellow engineers.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of system components.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- 8+ years working experience in application development.
- 5+ years of development experience in JAVA / J2EE.
- Working knowledge of middleware technologies preferred including but not limited to WebLogic, Tomcat, and TIBCO.
- Experience in frameworks such as Spring, Angular, or ADF.
- Knowledge of sound object-oriented programming principals.
- Familiar with creating and consuming web services (SOA, WSDL, SOAP, REST).
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Proven leadership ability preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Passion to learn, curious about business processes.
- Strong organizational skills.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.