As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Senior Manager, Device Sales and EIP Accounting, is a key leadership position within T-Mobile's financial accounting function and part of the Corporate Controller's organization, reporting to the Director of Accounting, Device Sales & Financing. This position is responsible forT-Mobile's accounting for Equipment Sales & COGS, and EIP Financing.This position supervises manager and individual contributor roles in the team and has direct responsibility for hiring, coaching and team development.The Senior Manager, Device Sales and EIP Accounting partners closely with T-Mobile's Financial Reporting, Marketing, Legal, Tax and other operational accounting teams, and has significant interaction across the accounting leadership including the Directors, VP/Controller, the VP/Director of Financial Reporting, and the CAO.
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting, with at least 4 years at a management level.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field is required; Masters degree and active CPA license highly preferred.
- Extensive proven expertise in US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements in applicable areas of focus; prior IFRS accounting experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of application of accounting theory.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to appropriately prioritize and manage several diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience in partnering successfully with IT on delivering system solutions and enhancements preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Wireless Telecom industry experience a plus.
- Big 4 Audit experience preferred.
- Provide leadership and set team vision in alignment with overall department and corporate objectives so that operational objectives are established and brought to a successful conclusion. Hire, coach, train and lead to create a high caliber and diverse team of professional accountants.
- Manage the monthly financial close processes over the above mentioned operational accounting areas of focus; proactively drive quality control, process efficiency and risk mitigation.Ensure changes in business operations are accurately captured in the financial results, analysis and communication.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable current accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements and ensure proper application in T-Mobile's close and consolidation process.
- Research technical accounting issues and propose accounting treatment. Prepare memos and facilitate discussion with leadership and Policy team to reach alignment on treatment.
- Review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses, and PBC schedules in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and Deutsche Telekom Group policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor operational procedures, processes and SOX controls that meet audit standards and improve efficiency. Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives and implement best practices.
- Ensure quarter-end review and year-end financial audit processes are effectively supported and any issues are resolved appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Use accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve issues in creative and effective ways and ensure that appropriate judgment is applied in developing accounting estimates and accruals related to area of responsibility.
As a Leader you are focused on planning and execution while developing and guiding your team. You demonstrate and showcase your leadership abilities by:
- SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone contributes at their highest potential and delivers results.
- DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and challenging tasks and decisions, guiding and letting direct reports finish their own work.
- DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals, holding development discussions, and providing stretch assignments to promote development.
- HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results, giving feedback effectively, and making tough decisions when appropriate.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.